Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm pretty much over on arguing whether the bans are justified. Let's move on.

We all know he likes to turn the world against teams to create this unified mentality in the team. I suppose the philosophy is being pushed to the brink and either you fight back or let them run all over you.

I saw this short segment on ESPN on JM and inter and they agree he's over done this and the pressure of the players and the team has backfired on them. And now the world is just watching us and hoping us to fail.

What are your opinions on this?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Well one theory is that he wants out this summer and what better way to do it than create all the controversy to the point where his own team doesn't want him back?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It's his trick

If he does poorly this season, an excuse to leave.
If he does well, more joy to him and makes him look more badass.

·
Is Not A
6,727 Posts
My opinion is wait and see. If he succeeds vs Chelsea and wins the scudetto, his ways are working. If he fails, his ways are not working.

If he renews his contract, he will succeed. If he leaves Inter, it shows that he failed.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I don't know what to make of JM any more. On one hand he is still the arrogant person he was at Chelsea, which was what I didn't like about him but at the same time he shows some great things which a club like Inter should be doing such as not being afraid to keep 2/3 attacking players on at all time, trying to give Inter a better playing style than we have had for the past 3/4 years, reducing the age of the squad and brining in youngsters from the youth system.

However he was bought in for 1 reason and that was to put us back on the map in Europe, not necessarily win it but I want to see us as a genuine threat. We haven't been a European threat for a while imo.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
I think he has to some extent. However that is his personality. The bitchin over calls or non calls has not helped us or the league, no matter who is doing it.

However I still like JM, and I truly believe that he will be coaching in next year with us, regardless of beating Chelsea or not.

He said three seasons, next year is the last one. Just in time to get that one elusive midfielder that we crave, but that is another story for another thread.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I think people are reading too much into this. For this to be an elaborate plan by Mourinho, he would have needed to know before hand that the ref would send off two players.

I think this is just his personality. This is how Mourinho reacts. The fans reacted to the same indecent by waving toilet paper. Mancini reacted to getting eliminated from the CL after playing with 10 men by announcing he was leaving Inter. While one could argue that these were planned responses orchestrated to achieve a goal, in reality alot of these are reactions that occur at the heat of the moment.

Look at it this way, you come to to a new league and start seeing some injustices occur against your team. Anytime you question these actions you are branded a heretic by the press and told this behavior is unacceptable in Italy. You notice other teams receive preferential treatment in things like match rescheduling. After a year and a half of this, have 2 players sent off in the first 38 minutes. I don't know about all of you, but I would have been laughing my ass off too if I was in the bench.

The people were against us before Mourinho even stepped foot into Italy. While its true he hasn't helped the situation much with his attitude, but he wasn't brought in to win us any popularity contests. As long as we are number 1, the pressure will be on us no matter who the coach is. As long as the players are professional enough, they will be able to handle it.

In short, I am with JM!

·
Is Not A
6,727 Posts
Credit where credit's due. MANTA's post is quality.

Look at it this way, you come to to a new league and start seeing some injustices occur against your team. Anytime you question these actions you are branded a heretic by the press and told this behavior is unacceptable in Italy. You notice other teams receive preferential treatment in things like match rescheduling. After a year and a half of this, have 2 players sent off in the first 38 minutes. I don't know about all of you, but I would have been laughing my ass off too if I was in the bench.
Sums it up so well.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think people are reading too much into this. For this to be an elaborate plan by Mourinho, he would have needed to know before hand that the ref would send off two players.

I'm with the team, no matter who the coach is.

so you are saying this is merely his personality and not really doing this on purpose? But why cant it be both

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
The premeditated mind games with the press he does on purpose. What he did against Sampdoria was a reaction. The guy is an animated and emotional human being, such a response is to be expected given the history and the situation.

·
Registered
45,002 Posts
To put it simply, when he has some basis, he tends to exploit that for a certain purpose.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Mourinho = Legend

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts