Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt see the Coppa match this week but I have read Di Vaio again missed a few chances.

He had his good patch of form for a few weeks and is back into his last years performances again.

Only if we could put Trez's feet onto Di Vaio's legs we could make the fastest and most efficeint goal machine. :groan:

Is this acceptable? To me its not. Miccoli has shown more reliable impact in fewer appearances. Di Vaio must perform to put pressure on the other forwards to perform. Also Di Vaio has commented his lack of starts might affect his inclusion in the Azzuri squad for the Euro finals, but if he cant pot in his chances that will be his own making.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Right,i saw Juve 1-0 Peruiga match,De Vaio was crap,he missed an odd chance..,Miccoli is better then him now imo.

Only if we could put Trez's feet onto Di Vaio's legs we could make the fastest and most efficeint goal machine.
:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Di Vaio is Di Vaio. He will never improve(I suppose). He is better than Inzaghi, for sure, but he that doesn't mean much for me.

Di Vaio should work harder on himself, cause being a striker and wasting so many chances is not professional.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Nyuka said:
Di Vaio is Di Vaio. He will never improve(I suppose). He is better than Inzaghi, for sure, but he that doesn't mean much for me.
Pleeease...
Inzaghi is much better than Di Vaio. Red hot form Di Vaio is amazing, but that doesn't happen too often lately.
Pippo always scores goals. He's a reliable striker.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
van said:
Pleeease...
Inzaghi is much better than Di Vaio. Red hot form Di Vaio is amazing, but that doesn't happen too often lately.
Pippo always scores goals. He's a reliable striker.
on current forum I could be better then Inzaghi :D

Di vaio is living and playing his best season @ all.

only if Lippi won't bench him!!,he will be a hell of a striker. :cool:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
If you don't like Di Vaio just give him to Lazio, thank you in advance.:D :tongue:
Di Vaio has always been up and down player with amazing goals and even more amazing misses. I don't think that he will ever be a reliable striker who converts a big percentage of his chances but he is really good in getting into a good position so eventually he scores. When Inzaghi was in Juve he was certainly better than DV.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Steph! said:
Nuyka: I'd pick Pippo over DV for my team any day.

Juventini87: Say what? DV isn't up to his best season at all.
hah??????

Scoring 7 goals while he is a SUB isn't an acihevment?!! :eek: :confused:

it's his best season ever.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Gees it does'nt take long to slag a guy off does it?:rolleyes: How much match practice and game time has he had? what else do you expect of him Im sure many other teams would'nt mind him.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Come on, why do you think that Inzaghi is better than Di Vaio?

Did you forget how many chances he wasted for Juve? Besides, Di Vaio has better ball control and general skills.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
No doubt I too think Di Vaio is a better footballer than Pippo ever has been.. he's even shown it with Parma and as a sub for Juve.. but for the same drawbacks polaris mentioned I'd probably choose Inzaghi as a starter over Di vaio.. You can trust Inzaghi to score - his skill is instinct and the reason he's ranked lower than he should be because instinct doesn't count as a skill.. it's what makes him more useful than Di Vaio is..

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
polaris said:
About Pippo...I dunno. Pippo's game is more like Trez's than Di Vaio's anyways. Its why we sold Pippo to Sucker Milan, right. :D
polaris, do you need to be reminded again who won the CL? Sucker Milan indeed! ;)

You're just jealous because Pippo likes Milan more than he ever liked Juve. :stuckup: But you shouldn't blame him for that: it's just a normal reaction.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Di Vaio is not a smart player, but hard working. No doubt that his work turns out to be very useless many times. I think that he is a good SUB, only SUB. It is good to have a player like Di Vaio and let him play for the last 20 minutes, cause you can always be sure that he will work exactly as a donkey(hard, but rarely smart).

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
IMO, Inzaghi is clearly a class above Di Vaio. He wasn't fancy, but worked extremely hard and was always there when he got the chance. For a while, when DP was away, Inzaghi filled the role of two strikers. I think we shouldn't have sold Inzaghi, we could have found use for him and Trez.

Di Vaio has in my book done very little/nothing to show that he deserves to be here at Juve. I think the fee we paid for him was ridicilous, and if we ever get the chance to sell him for a decent amount of Euros he should be sold fast.

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Nyuka said:
Di Vaio is not a smart player, but hard working. No doubt that his work turns out to be very useless many times. I think that he is a good SUB, only SUB. It is good to have a player like Di Vaio and let him play for the last 20 minutes, cause you can always be sure that he will work exactly as a donkey(hard, but rarely smart).
I don't think that hard work is a criteria to judge Di Vaio as a better player than Inzaghi, if you were going there.
Inzaghi really gives everything, and he runs like crazy all over our attack.

Now, his participation in building game and stuff isn't very good, but actually neither is Di Vaio's.
Only thing Di Vaio is better at is at what people call creating his own chances, like dribbling a player or getting wicked long shots.

But Inzaghi's ability inside the box just makes him better. There he creates his chances too. Pippo, like Trez, is one of those players that can turn any poor cross or any lost ball into a potential goal.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
For one or another, subjective or objecctive, reason, I am somewhat not impressed by DV perfomarnces.

As for comparing him with Inzaghi, they played/are playing under different circumstances - and namely - the different styles of play we design in the process of the game.

However, Pippo has/had his top-down forms just like DV - the difference is that Inzaghi was crap one half-a-season and perfect during the other, while DV (un)constancy is beiing showed game in game out.

I could agree with van about Inzaghi's beeein better in the (small) penalty box, but the shooting-skill of DV should not be underrated as well. The other aspect where DV is better is the physical strenght and the linear pace, e.g. a situation where he can run fast a long distance and finally make something out of it and not just givin a sigh of tireddness just in front of the keeper, while P.I. is kinda of a skinny model for cK, which on the other hand makes him more suited for a qucik-turnover in the penalty area.

As for DV's beast season I thought it is the one at Parma 2 years ago. Remind me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Schumy, Di Vaio was a starter while DP was injured. He has his few weeks of class around the time we played Milan and after has done next to nothing. Not good enough, its as simple as that!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts