Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Valenica fans. I was wondering how is Di VAIO doing?

I am just wondering becaouse he was one of my fav. players at Juve And did he justify his price of 10 mil €?

Thanks for the answers

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
He started the season very well, but recently he isn't at the same level. We've had a crisis, with lots of injured players (Ayala, Vicente, Aimar...) and the team seemed lost. I like Di Vaio, I rate him very high, but he's not playing at his full potential yet. If the team works again I'm sure he'll be back, he's happy in Valencia and want to show the fans his quality.

If you want to know his stats:

5 goals in Liga
1 goal in CL
1 goal in Euro Supercup

·
Registered
17,651 Posts
Do you know how many games he's played in each competition?

Btw, how is Moretti doing?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Nero said:
Do you know how many games he's played in each competition?

Btw, how is Moretti doing?
Liga
10 matches - 3-4-3 - 756 min - 5 goals - YC: 2 RC: 0 - Assist: 1
Spanish Supercup
1 match - 1-0-0 - 69 min - 0 goals
European Supercup
1 match - 1-0-0 - 76 min - 1 goal
Champions League
4 matches - 1-1-2 - 305 min - 1 goal - 1 assist
Copa
-
Overall
16 matches - 6-5-5 - 1206 min - 7 goals - 2 assists

http://www.as.com/futbol/as/jugadores.php?competicion=0269&idj=2086

Moretti seems a good player, I liked him so far. He seems solid in defense and he usually goes to attack, except the last match when he played as CD in the new 5 defense line created by Ranieri, leaving the wing for Carboni. BTW, He scored a goal in a header after a corner kick in that match.

http://www.as.com/futbol/as/jugadores.php?competicion=0269&idj=4279

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I like the idea of Moretti as CD because Italy needs some and it would be good for him to play in that position but of course Valencia can not experiment at this stage too much. Although he has the qualities of a CD defensivley. Moretti reminds me very much of Maldini but not as good even at that age. Maldini was still better :D

Di Vaio needs to start banging them in again, I hope Ranieri isnt making the mistake of Lippi and Trapattoni and is playing Di Vaio as an out of positon left winger? Di Vaio is either a second striker next to a big man or he can play the main striker (without too many long balls)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts