Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure of it...

The following comes from an interview at the official site:

The market. Di Vaio explains: "Right now I concentrate on two things. Winning the Coppa Italia and get the 20th goal in the league. After that I will meet the club and discuss the future. If I feel like a symbol of Parma? I always take the responsibility that is put on me and I will also do so in the future. However, first we'll see what the plan of the club is."

This my friends are not the words of a player that knows that he will stay. This is the words of a player that doubt his club. It's almost the same words as Cannavaro used to say. "First we finish the season, then we talk about the future". Meaning that they don't want to say that they will leave until the season is over...

I'm really starting to doubt our "project" before it's even started. And for those of you who think we can do better than Marco, think again. We're not the same Parma we were. Now we're just another Bologna or Udinese. Or even worse... We can't get anyone better.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Not good news one bit, he is on his 19th goal of the season, and without him we might aswell not play next season. Liek Verdi said, we can't attract such big names like we might of done in the future after a poor season. Maybe next year it would be okay to sell him but we need him next year to direct us back up in UEFA cup positions.

I read an article in my monthly Football Italia mag I got today and they interviewed Marco. Here are some of the things he said.

When the interviewer asked Di Vaio of Parma's future he said that this club is a stepping stone to many, in them exact words. He also said that he would like to play in Spain and that in Spain it is more of a family event than in Italy, saying basically he is getting fed up with Italian Soccer. He also says he would rather stay than join Milan or Juve and sit on the bench but if first team football was guaranteed that he would basically.

Seems like he may not be 'SuperMarco' and if he feels this way, he is not the player we want. He is a good finisher as he has proven with 19 goals, and major part of our team. But if he doesn't want to play for us, or thinks he is too good for the team, we should get rid.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If he really said all that we should have let him rot in Salernitana...

This isn't going to be a nice summer... We must hope for a miracle next season. Qualify for the CL or winning the uefa cup. We won't have a team to do so on paper so that's why we need the miracle. That's the only chance we have to turn the fortunes of the club around. Right now Parma are in free fall.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
I believe it when I see it.
To only realistic destination would be Lazio, and I don't really think he'll go there.
I still take the rumours linking him away light.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Why do you think that our big players may wanna stay? Why are you wondering if they wanna leave? Don't you see what Parma is doing? What our team is doing is a nightmare! There isn't anywhere a team like ours. No team sells always their favourite players year by year... Thus Parma doesn't have future! And no big players have future in Parma!

Now I reached a level where noone's leave interests me. If Parma would sell all of the team I wouldn't be wondering!

Maybe once Parma will have a big team from today's talents BUT WHAT FOR??? TO SELL THEM??? I TELL YOU: YES!

For me only one Parma player exists: Antonio Benarrivo!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've just red that Antonio will probably move to Arsenal... Forgot what I sad about him!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I understand what you say by selling stars, like Veron, Crespo and Buffon. We should of kept Veron after only 1 year, I was very dissapointed with that. However, Canna if he leaves or not he has had 6/7 years at Parma, and been one of the best IMO. Near enough every player moves on so I wouldn't suprised or angered at him. Buffon was great, but we bred him and made £32m, he was great but we got Frey who is great also, and who wants to play for us and we earned around £10m between that switch.
Di Vaio has been here for 3 years I believe, this is the firsr year he has done anything and wants to leave, he is not a role model but a spotlight. He wants to better himself like every man should, but I think he should notice that he would be nothing unless we took him on 3 years ago. He also said he see's the team as a stepping stone. This is the attitude I don't want in our team.
There are no excuses for selling Thuram or Crespo. Thuram was great and I think we should of kept him, but £23m for a 29 isn't bad cash also. Crespo is totally the different and Chiesa in that fact. 2 players who done great here, and gave their all, but damn Tanzi wanted the money.
We have lots of young talent like Bonera, Ferarri, Appiah...but like Pisti said when they get good will they go? Tanzi needs to respect the team a little more, as all he seems to care about is his money.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I think we should cool down a bit and wait till the end of the season! I have the hope that Sacchi can convince Marco to stay and become a symbol and important player of the future Parma!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Di Vaio vuole una grande

Non c'è solo Fabio Cannavaro a parlare da ex, o quasi, all'indomani dell'ultima di campionato e a pochi giorni dalla finale di ritorno di Coppa Italia per il Parma. Anche il capocannoniere gialloblu, Marco Di Vaio, esprime perplessità sul suo futuro alla corte di Sacchi e Carmignani: "Non mi piace dire cose che non penso, e quindi non garantisco che sicuramente resterò. Devo parlare con la società, per vedere se le ambizioni della dirigenza collimano con le mie" avverte il bomber romano.
Non sono certo problemi economici quelli che mettono in dubbio il futuro gialloblu dell'attaccante del Parma, quanto le continue richieste da parte di grandi squadre italiane (Juventus e Milan su tutte) e straniere: "Sono contento di quanto guadagno ora. Bisognerà piuttosto vedere i programmi tecnici. In un Parma come quello del passato sarei rimasto ad occhi chiusi, pur non avendo la certezza del posto. Ma dopo un'annata come questa è naturale che mi venga voglia di lottare per obiettivi importanti" spiega il giocatore.

Che poi svela un sogno europeo: "Se mi capitasse l'occasione di giocare subito la Champions League mi spiacerebbe farmela sfuggire. In una grande squadra ci sarebbe concorrenza, certo, ma non credo di partire battuto. Qualcosa ho fatto vedere anch'io quest'anno...".

-------------------------------------------------

Di Vaio is getting cocky... :mad: He wants to play in the Champion's League and God knows what else. To make it worse he says that in the old Parma he would have stayed even if he hadn't been sure on a place in the team but after a season like this he must think twice...

This is the end my friends. :depress: We're never going to be a top club again. Never... :(

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hope Parma will be on the top again. We fans have to be the guarantee for this!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If he wants to go let him, another big profit to get someone who wants to play for us.

With the right formation next year we won't miss him, we'll get our wingers working properly and putting balls in the box and Bonazzoli will get to score lots. Sacchi wants a big man in the box (looked at Cruz, now apparently Andersson) so the main thing is to get the balls up to them.

Any player who doens't want to play and give their all can go rot somewhere else. I only regret letting Veron and Chiesa go. Crespo wanted to leave so sod him, he's still got that wonderful habbit of missing lots of easy goals (and getting the odd stunner).

KLP.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Any solid hints on which club he will most likely play for(if he will leave Parma)?
That article you posted is abit depressing VERDI. It's really disappointing to see so many greedy players.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
This is a bit of a 50/50 subject to me. I feel that we will need him next season, and that he should be once again our top scorer. But on the other hand recent interviews with him suggesting he could be on the way out and that the club is a stepping stone, has really annoyed me. Sure, he is good but he isn't what he thinks he is. I feel that he feels he is too good for our team and is getting to big headed. If he leaves us to a club like Lazio or Juve then I would hate him, as he was nothing and we made him, and now he repays us by basically critisising our team.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts