Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tribalfootball.com - May 17, 2002

Parma's gun striker Marco Di Vaio has made it clear that if he is to leave the club, it is for a move to champions Juventus.
Di Vaio has been linked with moves to Lazio and also Milan in recent weeks after his goalscoring heroics saved Parma from relegation.

But it appears the striker is keen to move to Juventus to link up with his former teammate Gianluigi Buffon and quite possibly this year's Parma captain Fabio Cannavaro, who is also being pursued by the Turin giants.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I think this is an imaginary interview or statement.

Di Vaio is not that stupid to chose Juve when he is aware of the competition there. I mean, Del Piero is a legend to juve and will have a starting position together with Trezeguet who was the top scorer in the league. Moreover, there is Salas eager to play after such a long time spending recuperating from the injury.

It`s not that I am a Lazio fan, but for the moment, the only club where he can have a first team play (out of top 5 big clubs) is Lazio since the departure of Crespo and Lopez is almost certain.

Besides, he has Lazio in his heart and would probably chose Lazio 24 hours a day.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Day by day I'm getting more convinced that Di Vaio is an idiot. Going to Juve and burring any chance he has to be in the Italian NT is dumb, while a move to Lazio will not give him anything more than playing in the team of his heart, since ambition-wise both Lazio and Parma will be on same rank next season I reckon once Cragnotti has his way and both Nesta and Crespo fly out. So if he wants to be ungratefull to Parma, be my guest and good riddance. I never liked him anyway. As long as we replace him with a decent player (someone like Mutu or Miccoli or a good combination of strikers) he can go for all I care.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
If he wants to move to Juve and they are willing to lay such an amount on a benchplayer, then by all means.
He's red hot at the moment, and the rumours I've heard set his value around $30 m. If we get money and/or players of that amount then I think we should sell him.

But if he moves to Juve he will ruin his career.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Why Marco? Why are you such an id!ot? :confused: Did the 20 goals get to your head? Damn fool... :(

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Is it to be considered a certainty that Di Vaio has actually hinted at a Juve move ? In the tribalfootball.com article (what kind of name is that anyway...) they don't even attempt to quote him, so what knowledge is this based on ?

Apart from possible lack of rumour credibility...

A: Di Vaio would see limited playing time unless Juve does not bolster midfield but decides to use three strikers in which case Trez, DP, Salas and Di Vaio would be a really cool pool for selection with Zalayeta or Miccoli making up the second reserve.
In every other scenario Di Vaio would be stupid joining, or even wanting to join Juve.

B: Unless the above 3 man attack is the target, Juve would be silly to attempt at buying Di Vaio, and no less so considering the price he will command after his 20 goal season.
Well- actually I think it's just plain silly anyway- as we need midfield inforcements alot more than strikers.

But who knows...

Ciao.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
hmmmmmmm:depress: .....Does it ever end?

Di Vaio is a good player and whoever who says anything else is an idiot. We need Di Vaio. We can`t afford a another chance....

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I have been saying for quite some time now that Di Vaio is not THAT special. Lets not over-exaggerate. He had a really good season and one time he was extremelly red hot but the rest of the season he has been just good. Sure, he scored 20 goals but dont tell me that he was at the class of Crespo at any time! Di Vaio was our best scorer in a season that noone else scored, in our worse season ever in Serie A. Big deal. He'd be a good player to have of course, but if he wants to go then we're not going to die for him. Give me a striker force of Marazzina-Bazzani-Maniero-Bonazzoli and we'll be more than ok even if they each score 5-6 goals.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Maybe if we can get Maresca+Miccoli(even if I don't like it)+some cash for Canna. Sell Di Vaio and get Marazzina.

Bona, Marazzina, Sukur, Miccoli. Sounds ok.
Maybe we could even sell Sukur and get Maniero. That would be even nicer.

BTW, anybody knows if we actually got 50% of Corradi from the Sukur deal as it was rumoured?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think that we will see what will happen until the start of the next season. Now nobody knows anything. In my oppinion we should have four young forwards and train them to world class level. -and when they reach it we have to keep them to win some European trophies with their goals. Let's make a new generation Parma but don't sell them when they get good!
We only have to do to not sell our best players! We can only become a top team again in this way.

We may sell Di Vaio if he don't wanna play with us.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
who is miccoli??????:fero:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
A better player than Di Vaio. He scored 15 goals for Ternana in Serie B last season, and hit the post 16 times too! :eek: Fast, explosive, and usually reliable in front of goal. If Di Vaio can score 20 goals in Serie A, so can Miccoli. Plus he can actually control the ball and pass it and doesnt rely on his speed only... But I have no hopes that Juve will be actually stupid enough to hand him over to us.

We didnt get Corradi's half, Inter still owns it and will probably trade it for Perrota...

And Sukur should go.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
its a big diffrence between serie A and B.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
So I suppose we should have never bought Marchionni and noone should even consider Maccarone...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Parma plan Mutu-Di Vaio swap Saturday 18 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parma are planning their future under new Coach Cesare Prandelli and are willing to let go of many of their top stars.

President Stefano Tanzi has confirmed “we will rely on young players in order to achieve UEFA Cup qualification and cut costs by instilling a salary cap.”

Marco Di Vaio is their hottest property on the transfer market and a new theory has emerged.

Juventus would be willing to forgo their option on Verona hitman Adrian Mutu in order to take Di Vaio from the Stadio Tardini.

The Romanian striker has been in advanced talks with Juve since January, but has not yet signed a contract with the club.

Mutu would prefer a move to Parma as he would be guaranteed first team football, albeit with less glorious aspirations.

However, Di Vaio is said to be in negotiations with Lazio, the club he supported as a child. The almost certain departure of Hernan Crespo and Claudio Lopez would free up a place in the starting line-up at the Stadio Olimpico.

Parma are also considering a swap deal with a Premiership club. Hidetoshi Nakata has many fans in Britain and is reportedly close to Chelsea.

Claudio Ranieri’s Blues have offered midfielder Emmanuel Petit in exchange for the £20m-rated Japanese international.

channel4

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yes please! :)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I was just about to post what Carson did, and it sounds good to me. I think we can let Di Vaio leave if we have Mutu. He is what 22/23? He could achieve great things with us and he could be better than Marco. I am all for this deal :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Please stay Marco.........We need you......

Don`t listen to Amoroso.....:D

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Carson35 said:
Parma plan Mutu-Di Vaio swap
After I read that, I started talking about it with a Juve fan on MSN...

Shanie says:
Do you want to have Di Vaio in your team? :D

Juve fan says:
:D he's a good player, I don't mind. but he will have to sit on the bench sometimes

Shanie says:
Well, give us Mutu and we'll gladly sell him to Juve. We'll wave goodbye to him with a big smile on our faces! :D:D:D

Juve fan says:
:D Mutu who??

Juve fan says:
oh, Adrian Mutu...

Shanie says:
Yes. ;)

Juve fan says:
:D You don't like Di Vaio?

Shanie says:
He missed too many chances. ;)

Juve fan says:
lol