Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Di Natale's Euro dream Sunday 8 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Di Natale has finally recovered from his injury woes and still believes in an international reprieve for Euro 2004.

¡§I know that Giovanni Trapattoni only calls those players who are fully fit and on form,¡¨ said the Empoli star, ¡§but if luck is on my side then I still hope to receive a call-up for the European Championships.¡¨

The wide man was a revelation in his first Serie A campaign and earned his first cap for the Azzurri in a friendly with Turkey on Nov 20 2002.

However, since then Di Natale has suffered a series of knee problems that have kept him sidelined for months on end.

The 26-year-old is finally returning to his old self and proved instrumental in the recent 3-3 draw with Juventus.

Di Natale is a wide attacking midfielder who suits Trap¡¦s current 4-2-3-1 system for the Italy squad.

channel4

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
No chance for him...even if he scored 20 goals this season in Serie A he won't be picked.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
:howler: ...let him dream! :depress:
I'm all for merit but there is no chance for the lad since he doesn't play for a big club...

But he can dream like he is doing now...;) He should have come to Parma when he had the chance...:D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
I'm all for merit but there is no chance for the lad since he doesn't play for a big club...

But he can dream like he is doing now...;) He should have come to Parma when he had the chance...:D
i love him because he's still in Empoli...he's great!:D

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Arianna said:
i love him because he's still in Empoli...he's great!:D
If he came to Parma it would have been even better...national team plus europe...;) plus he can play with Bresciano and Marchionni again...

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
If he came to Parma it would have been even better...national team plus europe...;) plus he can play with Bresciano and Marchionni again...
if he's still in Empoli thats mean he believe in Empoli...who cares of stay in bench of one big team if u can be a GOD in your team:D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
GaGa said:
and if Trappppppatttttoni don't call him ...he's stupid:D ... if he prefer call players of big teams also if now are a bit crappy (DelPiero...Cannavaro...:rolleyes: ...)after i don't wanna see him cry because Italy is out of Portugal!:howler:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts