Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, he's entered on the Udinese history.

With the 2 goals he scored yesterday against Milan have overtaked Zico on the Udinese's top-scorers stading of all the time in Coppa Italia.

9 goals, one more than Zico.

WELL DONE DAVID, congratulations:star: :proud:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Di Michele has Azzurri ambition Sunday 9 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Udinese’s David Di Michele is back to full fitness after a long injury and has set his sights on a return to the Azzurri side.

“I will soon be 100 per cent on form and, as you saw from my performance against Lazio, I’m well on the way there,” said the forward.

Former Reggina man Di Michele has been sidelined for the last two months with an ankle problem, but seemed back to his best in last week’s 3-0 victory over the Biancocelesti.

“Naturally, I have a long way to go and must do so much more. I need to find that path to goal that was so clear to be a year ago. I also admit I’ll do everything it takes to get back into the Italy squad, because this could be the decisive year for my career and that of Vincenzo Iaquinta.”

The two strikers have been key figures in Udinese’s remarkable ascent into the Champions League and Iaquinta is now free to focus on his football after the end of a contract dispute that had frozen him out of the team.

“We weren’t too distracted by Iaquinta’s situation at the time, as we had faith everything would sort itself out, especially as he is an intelligent individual.”

Di Michele scored 15 Serie A goals in 37 appearances last season, but is still looking to break his duck in the current campaign.

“As for myself, I know the goals will arrive as a consequence of my overall condition, even if that moment of glory means little when compared to the success of the Udinese collective.”

channel4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts