Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to SKY Italia we seem to get Gianni De Biasi as new coach. De Biasi is currently coaching Levante in Spain, Di Carlo will have to win the Udinese-game to save his seat on our bench.

What do you think?

I hope we keep Di Carlo :sob:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Ultimatums for managers are stupid... how can one result decide your fate... You either fire him now, or guarentee him he has until the end of the season.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Di Biasi did a ok job with first Brescia (with Baggio) and later with Toro he promoted them, but got fired because lack of result during the pre-season(!). His spell with Levante is okeish, the team have no money left to salerys and are already relegated. But i dont know, if we dont get a Ranieri type of coach i think Di Carlo is the best option. It's just 13 games left after the Udine game, so if there is a point to appoint a new coach, it better be a damn good one with a lot of respect and creability.

·
Registered
54 Posts
changing coaches mid season can prove to be risky..
and like Pietro said ultimatums are stupid, of the top of my head i cant remember any example where it has made things better for anyone.

and im not sure Di Biase is our man, i hope Di Carlo stays

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Well, I was extremely angry after the Torino game, and in the last weeks Di Carlo has made some bizarre decisions that I touched on in the last match thread, but unless we can bring in someone of better quality then I would stick by him for now.

I want him to suceed, but he must start improving in a lot of areas.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
De Biasi wouldn't be an improvement on Di Carlo for you guys IMO. He was fired after poor results in the preseason (we lost in the Coppa Italia to a newly promoted Serie B team), and although that was rash and probably affected us negatively in the beginning of the season, ultimately we would have gone nowhere with him. With Levante he has done **** all, they are still bottom, 13 points away from safety, though granted they were even poorer before he came. He's really not a great coach and is certainly not what Parma need to make safety an absolute guarantee this term. To fire Di Carlo and replace him with a better coach would be one thing, but to fire Di Carlo and replace him with an equal coach would do more harm than good.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Our defense this season has been shambolic. Fatty has given Di Carlo no reinforcements in defense...he got him Lucarelli but we needed a defender or two of calibre.

Di Carlo needs to stay imho...I like him...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Though I don't like Di Carlo,invite a tailender to be our new coach sounds crazy!As I know, the candidate list including Zacchetoni ,Vialli, Zenga,Simoni, De Biasi ,Carletto Mazzoneand even Didier Deschamps.
Maybe Simoni is a good idea~

·
Registered
639 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Well, I was extremely angry after the Torino game, and in the last weeks Di Carlo has made some bizarre decisions that I touched on in the last match thread, but unless we can bring in someone of better quality then I would stick by him for now.

I want him to suceed, but he must start improving in a lot of areas.
His substitution always makes me confused and ruins our deserved victory~

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Di Carlo calm on judgement day
Wednesday 27 February, 2008

Parma Coach Domenico Di Carlo admits that he is in a “delicate position”, but he is refusing to panic despite the spectre of the axe.

The former Mantova man is running out of time in his first Serie A season and saw his position weakened last weekend when Parma threw away a 4-1 lead to draw 4-4 with Torino.

As an expectant side see a relegation dogfight looming, tonight’s game against Udinese has become a must-win for Di Carlo.

“We are in a very delicate position,” he admitted. “But you shouldn’t talk to me about the rumours – you should talk to the people who are putting them about.

“Personally, I am calm and getting ready for the game as usual. The table shows that we have a single point more than Catania and Livorno and we need to change things as soon as possible, but there are still 14 games left.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb27b.html

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
After watching the Udinese-Parma game from last season it got me wondering about the kind of position we could of been in this season under Ranieri.

I am sure he would of instilled a better mentality into the players like he did last season, and we would comfortably be sitting around 10-12th position even with our ragged defence around now.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gianni De Biasi sembra destinato a diventare il nuovo allenatore del Parma, a prescindere dal risultato della partita di questa sera contro l'Udinese.
We won 2-0, sorry but we dont need you Gianni :fero:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
PARMA_Malta said:
Because he accept our offer, and if we lost this one you can say that he's our new coach.
I understand, but why?

Di Carlo is having a tough time, but Di Biasi isn't an upgrade.
Unless Ghirardi can pull a 'Ranieri' then it makes sense to keep him until the summer then make a review.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.