Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone with more knowledge of Italian football can tell me why Paolo di Canio has never played for the national team. I am a West Ham supporter and for the past 3 years he's been our best player and one of the best players in the premiership, so good that Man Utd want to buy him at the age of 33. I understand you have Vieri, Del Piero, Baggio, Inzaghi etc but surely someone with his skill, experience and passion should have a place in the squad for the world cup.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well aboarse as a west ham fan u probably havnt seen any good players ever (only joking ;):D)

No, Paolo DiCanio has been a revolution since he LEFT Italy and moved to britain. Its the same reason why Benito Carbone has not played for the NT.

We have better players than both back home in Italy, Del Piero, Totti, Baggio who would fill the role of Di Canio and are playing closer to home. I dont think any Italian NT coach has ever taken kindly to player who play abroad, to be honest the only player i can think of abroad that plays in the NT is Coco who plays in Spain for Barcelona.

Probably if they were more of a success in Italy before they left and got a couple of caps under their belt i am sure they would have more chances, but saying that, its still not guaranteed look at Dario Hubner!!

Roberto

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Di Canio is decent but I think there are better players. I wouldn't complain if he was to knock Del Piero out of the lineup though. :)
Modica82 is your name Roberto? If it is you have the best name in the world. :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Thanks Il Toro, it is indeed Roberto, and it is the best name in the world, hahahahahhahah!! :D:D;)

Roberto

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
personally, id never play any players for italy that go the money spinning trip in england. serie a is and always will be the best lague in the world, and i only like seeing serie a players playing for italy.

Coco for barcelona?! when did this happen?! francesco coco?! god no! why didnt juve sign him! hes great!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Coco signed for Barcelona in the summer!!, he is good but a bit to up his own ar*e!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
damn! i hate italians leaving italy! it was the same when vieri left, ok i cant argue with juve's selling him for 1000% waht they paid, but i thought he was still at m*lan. ive not seen enough calcio this year other than scottish football, and any italian football i watch, its not going to be m*lan!!! saw a few juve games, and a few chievo games... i cant beleive coco left milan!!! i tohught theyd keep him for maldini retiting, although hes not a defender, but left sided palyers are not that easy to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts