Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Goal.com:

The Lazio captain was back to teasing the Giallorosso captain, three days before the Roma derby.
Paolo Di Canio used harsh words towards Francesco Totti for saying that he would leave the club if a good team is not built around him next season.

“The symbol says: if you don’t build a squad I will leave… I think this annoys the Roma fans. On the other hand, for me it was a matter of squad.

“When I came to Lazio, I paid to come here, but I gained in happiness. And I never asked for anything, because the simple reason of playing with the Lazio shirt is the best thing of my life.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some players just lose there minds! I can't understans howan insect like Di Canio looks so much above his own head, & start throwing words attacking some player of FRANCESCO's quality & character..

Are Roma fans annoyed by Totti just as this insect says..

I m not a Roma fan, but i love ASROMA very much really!!
I think Totti have every right to say allwhat he have said.. and that he is very loyal to Roma!!

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I'm not annoyed by Totti at all. Everything beyond 5 years in a club is a bonus. He's been at Roma since the age of 12. It's only human to consider possible changes. After all, it's his life. We don't owe him, but so far we've been blessed with his brilliance. I want him to stay, but I won't be mad at him if he tries his luck somewhere else. However, if he transfers to a rival I'll be mad. But that's not an option, and he knows it.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
di cane bla bla bla...

who cares what an ex-napoletano, ex-milanista, ex-juventino let alone a current laziale has to say about Totti?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
good for him that he feels so proud to wear the s.s formellese shirt.
i just don't understand why he bothers what Totti says about our società and how we feel about his interviews?!

well i for my part had a great time seeing him crying when west ham(no offense to the club itself) got relegated in birmingham although he scored a late equalizer.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
il_principe said:
good for him that he feels so proud to wear the s.s formellese shirt.
i just don't understand why he bothers what Totti says about our società and how we feel about his interviews?!

well i for my part had a great time seeing him crying when west ham(no offense to the club itself) got relegated in birmingham although he scored a late equalizer.
He bothers about Totti because of the messages Totti has on his t-shirt when he scores. When you also think about it Di Canio makes a valid point... we of course over look some of Totti's discretions because he is after all the captain and pretty much is Roma. I am sympathetic to both Totti and Di Canio in this instance.

Di Canio has played for many teams because he was sold by Lazio early on in his career and was never really in a position where Lazio could either afford to take him back, want to take him back, or had no use for him when they had money. Now Di Canio is back after taking a pay cut etc.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
If Totti left us at this stage of his career, I cant blame him. He is a player who deserves achievements and honours, one thing he will not win at Roma. He has said that he would only leave to Real Madrid and this proves he is not a traitor.

Di Canio is a good player and was loved here in the Prem but he has never been rated so highly in Serie A or in Italy so no one cares of his words :eek:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
He bothers about Totti because of the messages Totti has on his t-shirt when he scores. When you also think about it Di Canio makes a valid point... we of course over look some of Totti's discretions because he is after all the captain and pretty much is Roma. I am sympathetic to both Totti and Di Canio in this instance.

Di Canio has played for many teams because he was sold by Lazio early on in his career and was never really in a position where Lazio could either afford to take him back, want to take him back, or had no use for him when they had money. Now Di Canio is back after taking a pay cut etc.
you have no clue what it means to stand in a curva/block and share a hate towards some player of the other side.

you don't know how it feels to grow up with a club that you belong to and for which you get "punished" for every loss on a monday morning when you are a kid and sit dow on your seat in school.

you don't know how it feels when you sit for 2 hours in front of the TV-Text in the afternoon(waiting for a goal/update) and pray la Roma(cause you can't see her) wins so you have a quiet monday morning.

you don't know how you suffer when you think all weeked long that juve and milan loose so your classmates have to shut up and don't look at you awkwardly when you put on the yellow and red shirt in the locker room before the sports lesson.

you don't know know what it feels to wait for more than a decade to have a really competitive squad and even see her winning.

your friends call you up when someting happend o her, as trades or injuries which they read about in the newspaper or heard on the radio.

to see her loose a Uefa-Cup final and go to school after you win the 2nd leg but it isn't scorewise enough.

to see her draw in Napoli and hardly sleep for one week till she plays against Parma a week after.

when tears run down your face as she scores in the decisive game and sets so many emotions free.

i honestly don't give a fvck about di cane, his "valid" statements, about lazie, the "sportsmanship" and his "honor".

La Magica Roma is something you breathe, sleep, eat, drink, cry, talk, suffer, celebrate, smoke, share, live or... you just don't.

(no offense)

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
When you also think about it Di Canio makes a valid point...
No, I can honestly say he does not make a valid point. Not in the slightest. Di Canio is criticizing Totti for not being enough of a bandiera for Roma? Funny, I thought it was Totti who had played for Roma since he was 13, who is the club's top scorer in history, who led the team to the first scudetto in 18 years, who is captain of the team. Di Canio, what did he do for lazie anyway? He left them before he turned 20 and returned only now, what gives him the right to talk down a true bandiera? I don't doubt Di Canio's love for lazie for a second, but he's not even worthy of a single line in the history of his club, where as Totti's accomplishments demands far more than that.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Il_Principe you have not offended me but perhaps you do not understand me because I have not properly expressed my opinion. I understand some of your feelings but I am not going to lie and say I feel them too. What I mean Il_Principe and Cacini is that Di Canio brings a valid point when he says that it is annoying to here the symbol of the club threaten Roma that he will depart if they do not get better players. Now I do not know everything, I do not know if in Totti's heart of hearts that he is just saying that so that Roma will be competitive and that Totti never intends to leave. I don't know that, I also believe based on the evidence given that this is not likely the case. As I have said I have sympathy for both, Totti wants a personal glory and awards. That is only natural for a such a talented player such as Totti, but other bandieri have not made such demands in the past and that is what Di Canio is talking about. No offence intended.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Well Zangari_Italia,I do not think anyone should ever criticise Totti for being a bandiera.He spoke from the heart and wants to see ROMA being strong again.All Di Canio was doing was winding up the fans prior to the game.As Totti has now replied that Di Canio left Lazio to become a Juve keyring.It says it all.He has never shown loyalty to any club,and all returned to Lazio when his career is at an end.On the other hand,our captain has taken up the responsibility of leading ROMA and urges for president to make more investment for the club.A player like him deserves to play with other great players and wants ROMA to make a couple of signings.All players want to win trophies and there is nothing wrong with what Totti said.

·
Registered
46,537 Posts
HB21 said:
“When I came to Lazio, I paid to come here, but I gained in happiness. And I never asked for anything, because the simple reason of playing with the Lazio shirt is the best thing of my life.”
Well, maybe he paid (well, probably he just renounced to richer wages... this is a bit different from paying! :D ) to join Lazio, but he joined them at 36 and after 15 years spent in other clubs!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts