Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday 1 March, 2004

Brescia’s Gigi Di Biagio has given his thoughts on why former club Inter continue to disappoint.

The Nerazzurri are in another crisis after the 3-1 home loss to Di Biagio’s new side yesterday afternoon.

So why do the Milan giants continually fail to be major players in the Italian game with any consistency?

"It’s tough to comprehend what keeps happening," Di Biagio told TG5. "I think the principal problem is that the Scudetto hasn’t been won for 15 years.

"That creates a lot of anxiety around the club. They are always looking to reach certain objectives as quickly as possible and that leads to errors."

Owner Massimo Moratti has spent millions on new players over the last decade but the club have won just one major honour – a UEFA Cup back in 1998.

"Inter are also lacking in one thing that every side needs and that is luck," added the 33-year-old.

"When I was playing for them there was always something around the corner that brought trouble."

Di Biagio was axed by the club last summer when then boss Hector Cuper said he had no need for him.

A switch to Brescia followed but he still has sympathy for his former teammates.

"It’s sad to see what they are gong through and I saw the disappointment in their eyes yesterday," he added.

"You can tell that they are trying to give their very best but the fans don’t see that. It must be very frustrating for the players."

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Nice one...second time today that i posted something and someone else opened a new thread about it...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just as a suggestion, to avoid duplicity, do not change the article title. That way, you will not have to complain about people posting already posted articles. Or is changing the article your attempt at being creative?

As a final comment, do not post back and state that readers should check each and every post before making an entry.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Senna01 said:
Just as a suggestion, to avoid duplicity, do not change the article title. That way, you will not have to complain about people posting already posted articles. Or is changing the article your attempt at being creative?

As a final comment, do not post back and state that readers should check each and every post before making an entry.
Most useless thread I have ever read here. What is your point? I am trying to help cut down the clutter in this forum. First, I posted the Frey news in the Transfer Rumors thread but someone else made a thread on it. Then I found the Dibiagio article and i made a point of it in a debatable argument which is basically what you are doing here unless you are posting the article just for information sake. And if you are doing that, then you should post it in the Articles thread. Moreover, my debatable argument was the main catch and main idea of Di Biagio's views. Anyone reading the article would pause on that statement and I made it the focal point of my argument. I'm not asking you to read every post before making an entry, but be SMART about what you post and where.

And, just as a side note, I'm not a moderator so if you disagree with me just curse me off or don't listen to me because I'm not interested at all in starting an argument with you out of all people.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Have you ever been branded a pest Pulsar? For someone who does not want an argument, your initial sarcastic comment and complaint regarding the dupilicty of posts in this forum certainly welcomes one.

Articles taken from the internet usually keep their original name. If you want to add your own comments then so be it but make sure you keep the article's original name.

Use a bit of common sense. There is little chance of cutting down the 'clutter' in this forum when you and go and post a common article with a few added comments and go and change that article's name. In all likelihood, someone who has less time than you, will post the same article.

Also, the fact of the matter is that your article, with a different title and a few added comments has not attracted as many viewers as this post. Sometimes people just want to read a simple article and make their own conclusions rather than reading added comments.

Further, the reason for my not posting on the article thread is because posts are difficult to find once they are made. A simple stand alone article is a great deal more easy to locate.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
because I'm not interested at all in starting an argument with you out of all people.
We're arguing over the posting of an article. Cmon, let's just put it behind us and move on...We got more important issues to discuss...

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Senna01 said:
Have you ever been branded a pest Pulsar? For someone who does not want an argument, your initial sarcastic comment and complaint regarding the dupilicty of posts in this forum certainly welcomes one.
So I'm a pest? Remember everyone who reads this, I did not attack Senna01. He attacked me first. And I will not respond in kind. Instead, I will ask him to refer to my previous post. Just forget about it. I will never attack anyone personally. I learned from IF that responding to provacative statements can be tempting but can get you kicked out even though you were the responder and not the initiator.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I simply asked you a question. I did not attack you or state that you are a pest. If you consider my question to be an attack then you must consider Materazzi's assault of Cirillo as a muder. It is quite obvious you have some hang up as to what happened at IF and it appears that whatever took place has traumatised you. Your constantly referring to IF is getting a little tiresome. We know that things went wrong. There is no need to keep referring to your 'terrible' experience.

My point is simply this: do not change the titles to common article's obtained from the internet and then be smart arsed by complaining that articles have been posted several times.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You're right

You're completely right Senna01. You are the more experienced member than me with more posts and you should know what is best for the forum. I will follow your advice from now on. Thank you.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
We did not win the Scudetto for 18 years and then we won it. Whats that got to do with anything? I think that the players dont understand that they are playing for Inter and I bet u none of those players know what Inter used to be. They should take an inter 101 class. Plus players these days get paid way too much. Players go to inter for money.
If they cared at least they would try to play well.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Falcão83 said:
We did not win the Scudetto for 18 years and then we won it. Whats that got to do with anything? I think that the players dont understand that they are playing for Inter and I bet u none of those players know what Inter used to be. They should take an inter 101 class. Plus players these days get paid way too much. Players go to inter for money.
If they cared at least they would try to play well.
:rolleyes: :(

yes...... it doesn't seem that the players play for the team....
we shud get the right coach and players and have patience in them from now on (as we always say, but for god sake let it happen at last). We should play as a team...

:depress:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I know I am joking, however, u did change a lot of coaches and one problem I see with inter, is that u keep buying players u think u need but never have the same team on the field. And I think u rely too much on a Vieri that just is not the same.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Falcão83 said:
I know I am joking, however, u did change a lot of coaches and one problem I see with inter, is that u keep buying players u think u need but never have the same team on the field. And I think u rely too much on a Vieri that just is not the same.
I know you are joking ! :D

Sadly, you are right. Almost all the teams have almost the same starting players most of the time. Even I can often make their formations (Roma, Milan, Juventus).

But ours, it always kinda different. I hope it changes very soon....

:(

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Not only that, but Inter has something wrong in the managment of the team. Dont know what it is, but u need someone that resembles u outside and inside the pitch. U got many good players, but I dont think u can use them the right way.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Falcão83 said:
Not only that, but Inter has something wrong in the managment of the team. Dont know what it is, but u need someone that resembles u outside and inside the pitch. U got many good players, but I dont think u can use them the right way.
:rolleyes:

ofcourse, there's something wrong. May be even the management of the club isn't working as a group or ??

And I do agree that we miss what DiBiagio said - "LUCK".
I am not saying that we are always unlucky, but sometimes we need that luck as well.

For example, in the recent derby; I think that we would have won that game had Adriano been a bit lucky and scored that goal.
Who knows, then we would had won that game or not lost atleast. There are many such examples where luck has not been on our side.

But I won't say that it's all because of luck, but it plays a part.

Well ...... Don't know what's wrong with Inter ...... All the big lcubs have won the league title in these 6/7 seasons - Juventus, Milan, Lazio, Roma except us.

As always, lets hope for the best in the future.....

:rolleyes:

:( ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Falcão83 said:
Dude, Adriano just plain freaking missed that goal!
Inter was doing ok in the first half but in the second half, no luck involved man, u were lost in dust.
no.... I was not saying that we didn't have luck in the second half...

our second half performance was nothin but .....

What i meant was luck does play a part in sports. Like injuries ? Inter was doing well when Zach first came. Then injuries started like hell and .....

And I am telling again, ofcourse there are many problems in inter... and luck is just one of the many problems...;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts