Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some indications that Hitzfeld is considering dropping his rotation policy and planning on playing those who earn it. That "should" mean more time for Podolski and Schweinsteiger who have played rather well over the past several weeks.

Wolfsburg is a decent side who took out Bremen in BL play yesterday.

But still, Bayern should win this one going away, especially in Allianz Arena.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
He should stick with those who are in form. Sure rotation system will bring some freshness to players, but if players aren't in form. That freshness is just useless. On the other hand, if players are in form, it means they are fresh enough to play. Of course, you don't want some internationals get worn out by the end of the season either since they still have to play Euro 2008.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
They might have the luxury to lose a few games in the Bundesliga and can still maintain their lead somehow, but they certainly don't have that in the DFB Cup. One defeat, they are done in that competition. So I sure hope they get their act together after two losses in a row. I want to see them in the final against BVB. That will be a good farewell for Hitzfeld. Two clubs he has coached in his career battle for the cup.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
They might have the luxury to lose a few games in the Bundesliga and can still maintain their lead somehow, but they certainly don't have that in the DFB Cup. One defeat, they are done in that competition. So I sure hope they get their act together after two losses in a row. I want to see them in the final against BVB. That will be a good farewell for Hitzfeld. Two clubs he has coached in his career battle for the cup.

Be honest though, would getting knocked out of this cup really be the worst thing in the world for Bayern? I know they want to send Ottmar out with trophies, but he'd much rather have the UEFA Cup and Bundesliga crowns. Personally, I'd rather see Bayern rest guys like Ribery and Lahm in this match, and give Kroos, Breno, Ottl, and Schlaudraff some playing time. Bayern would probably still win.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be honest though, would getting knocked out of this cup really be the worst thing in the world for Bayern?
That sounds like someone who has never known the pride of Bayern Munich. Bayern are alive in THREE competitions. The goal - bear with me now - is to WIN ALL THREE.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Btw I read the interview of fcb.de to Felix Magath and I founded vbery curious this:

Question: When will we see Wolfsburg in the Champions League?

Magath: “I’ve set myself three years to establish VfL in the top third of the table and therefore in the hunt for a European place. Once we’ve managed that, we’ll se what the future looks like for VfL Wolfsburg.“

:D

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Probable line-up:

Kahn - Lell, Lucio, van Buyten (Micho), Lahm - van Bommel, Zé Roberto - Schweinsteiger, Ribery - Klose, Podolski

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Btw I read the interview of fcb.de to Felix Magath and I founded vbery curious this:

Question: When will we see Wolfsburg in the Champions League?

Magath: “I’ve set myself three years to establish VfL in the top third of the table and therefore in the hunt for a European place. Once we’ve managed that, we’ll se what the future looks like for VfL Wolfsburg.“

:D
Why :D?

He might already accomplish that in his first year. And to be fair you have no club in the Bundesliga that made so drastic changes due to the coach. I think there are like 20+ new players at Wolfsburg since Magath took over. And let's not forget he is coach & manager. They would do much better in Europe than Dortmund will do but of course I want Bayern to beat Wolfsburg today.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Why :D?

He might already accomplish that in his first year. And to be fair you have no club in the Bundesliga that made so drastic changes due to the coach. I think there are like 20+ new players at Wolfsburg since Magath took over. And let's not forget he is coach & manager. They would do much better in Europe than Dortmund will do but of course I want Bayern to beat Wolfsburg today.
:D Was beacuse we let him go, and now look at Magath! He took a relegation-battler team and is almost certain Wolfsburg would play at least the Intertoto next year.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
The thing that bothers me a bit for tonight is Hitzfeld's lack of interest in DFB Pokal and Magath's interest in it. Hitzfeld has never focussed on the competition in the least bit and the times we won it was welcomed but didn't matter to him while Magath has been here two years and didn't lose a single cup match until that one before he got sacked. That was like 17-18 cup wins in a row. And now he is in the semifinal again.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
By that logic, Magath didn't care about the Champion League at all, huh? Lack of interest or something? ;)

As much as winning a treble is the best thing there's, but the Cup is obviously the least significant of the 3. The domestic League and the European trophy are something else.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
What do those two things have to do with each other? Having success in a competition is not the same as caring for a competition...

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
What do those two things have to do with each other? Having success in a competition is not the same as caring for a competition...
You concluded from Magath's successful run in the Cup that he cares for the Cup. And you concluded from Hitzfeld's not winning enough Cups that he has a lack of interest in the Cup. I don't know if you wanted to say something else, but that's how it sounds.

Even if it's true, I said, Hitzfeld has done the right thing. The Cup isn't that huge anymore when you're in the last stages of the CL.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
You concluded from Magath's successful run in the Cup that he cares for the Cup. And you concluded from Hitzfeld's not winning enough Cups that he has a lack of interest in the Cup. I don't know if you wanted to say something else, but that's how it sounds.
No ;)
You concluded that maybe. I didn't compare the success, you can see that I mentioned Hitzfeld winning it too!!! I said about who cares more and that is taken from lineups, comments, interviews etc.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
That sounds like someone who has never known the pride of Bayern Munich. Bayern are alive in THREE competitions. The goal - bear with me now - is to WIN ALL THREE.

I know the pride of Bayern, and I understand they absoutely DEMAND trophies. But how can you blame Hitzfield if he doesn't put these cups on the same level as the Bundesliga and UEFA Cup?

Sure Bayern would love to win this cup, but they have bigger goals and priorities, and IMO, there is no reason to risk guys like Ribery tonight when you have such big matches coming up.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
Be honest though, would getting knocked out of this cup really be the worst thing in the world for Bayern? I know they want to send Ottmar out with trophies, but he'd much rather have the UEFA Cup and Bundesliga crowns. Personally, I'd rather see Bayern rest guys like Ribery and Lahm in this match, and give Kroos, Breno, Ottl, and Schlaudraff some playing time. Bayern would probably still win.
It's not the end of the world. The Sun will still rise tomorrow, and everyone will move on in life. However, that's the goal they set for themselves, where they want to bag as many trophies as possible. In other words, they want to approach every match the best way they can. Besides, you certainly don't want to underestimate a team like Wolfsburg, if Cottbus could beat Bayern, Wolfsburg can too. So gotta take every opponent seriously.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts