Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a MUST WIN match after the embarrasment against Bremen. Bayern must pick themselves up and think that this season is just starting, no reason to panic.

We play at home against 1.FC Nürnberg in a cracking Cup match.

If Klinsmann plays with Ribery on the 3-5-2 formation then Schweinsteiger will be the one sacrified.

3-5-2 with Ribery will be:

Rensing - Lucio, Demichelis, van Buyten :thmbdown::yuck: - Zé Roberto, van Bommel - Lell :thmbdown::yuck:, Ribery, Lahm - Klose, Toni

4-4-2 it would be:

Rensing - Lell (Oddo), Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, van Bommel, Zé Roberto, Ribery - Klose, Toni

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Putting out Schweinsteiger of all the mids we have would really prove a point ;)...

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just can't figure out how to play Schweinsteiger and Ribery both in the 3-5-2 formation.

I'd love Bayern to use the 4-4-2 formation, but with Klinsmann we never know...

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
3-5-2 with both could be

Toni - Klose
Schweini
Ribery - Oddo (Lell)
Ze Roberto - Lahm
van Buyten - Demichelis - Lucio
Kahn ;)

or

Toni - Klose
Schweini
Ribery - Lahm
Ze Roberto - van Bommel
Kahn ;)

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3-5-2 with both could be

Toni - Klose
Schweini
Ribery - Oddo (Lell)
Ze Roberto - Lahm
Kahn ;)

or

Toni - Klose
Schweini
Ribery - Lahm
Ze Roberto - van Bommel
Kahn ;)

I like the one with Bommel better. But I love that in both you put Kahn! :proud:

In the Bayern website today (I could finally access), all sorts of people went out defending Michael Rensing. People like Kahn, Maier, Klinsmann, Van Bommel, Lahm and even Jens Lehmann!!

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Time for Butt to get 100% fit ;). I predicted him to be our #1 from some time in October...

·
Registered
432 Posts
if you need a whole bunch of other people to start and defend your performances it's time to worry. rensing is not up to the standard a club like bayern needs.

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
Rensing - Oddo, Lucio, Demichelis, Lahm - Schweinsteiger, Borowski, Ottl, Ze Roberto - Klose, Toni

Looks interesting. Hope Klinsmann took the right things from the last games. Second half may be Ribery's comeback...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Not the greatest of shows but it was a much better performance than last Saturday's debacle.

4-4-2 is much better than 3-5-2. Having one less lousy defender makes us much better at the back.

Borowski is impressing me. he is stamping his influence around the field and slowly making the attacking midfielder's position his. I think, and based on his latest performances, it would be hard to keep him out of the lineup. He has already scored 4 goals for Bayern. He is great coming forward and his work rate is amazing.

The other player that is impressive is Ottl. He's done much better than Bommel in the defensive midfield position. I think it wouldn't be just to keep him out of the lineup given Van Bommel's mediocre performances so far. Ottl assisted the second goal after a number of nice exchanges with Toni and Borowski.

Toni is so out of shape. He's been so lousy infront of the net. He keeps blasting balls wide everytime he got the chance. Like last season, he needs like 5 clear chances to score 1.

Oddo is surely much better than Lell. He makes precise crosses and he was behind the first goal for Klose. I hope he keeps Lell out of the lineup.

I think we should approach the next few matches with the same lineup with Ribery taking either Ze's or Schwieni's place in midfield.

Sosa is lame. he only goes in circles around himself. Kroos seems to be completely out of the picture under Klinsiman despite the coach heaping much praise on the future number 10. I hope we send him out on loan in the winter because I don't want to see this talent die on the stands. With Tim performing well, I don't see a place for Kroos in the lineup although he would be the natural replacement for him.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bealive that this a very good game for Bayern. For once, Klose played a very good game and scored at last. Borowski is playing veyr good football and the reason why Ottl played a good match (better than Bommel could had) is beacuse he really is a DM. Klinsmann took the right choices in entering Oddo, Ottl and Boro to this game.

Maybe for this weekend's match, Bayern could play the same formation with just one exception: Ribery in for Zé Roberto.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I dont see Ze going out of the line up. I didn't watch the Werder match, but other than that I think he's been the most consistent in midfield.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Giving van Bommel the armband was Klinsmann's biggest mistake. It may cost us a lot.
I think that with time Klinsmann will realize that giving Bommel the armband was a mistake and we will ultimatly see Lucio as the new captain # 1.

In fact, Bayern has played really good when Ottl and Boro are on the field, not when Bommel and another midfield start. That's a clear sign. Besides the fact that I expect Bommel to be sent-off at least 10 times this season due to his stupidity and lack of control.

But I do not blame Klinsmann to apoint Van Bommel as captain before the season started, since he was the best choice at the moment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts