1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Banned
564 Posts

it awaits our Gladiators.....

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Not another game in a f*cking athletics stadium. Why do we always have to play our finals in old delapodated heaps of poo, there are plenty of good proper football stadiums around.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Totally owned Arsenal. With Fletcher and Hargreaves not available, no-one will have a clue what the team will be.

Will Fergie play Park to nullify Messi if we play Barcelona, or considering it is a one off, against either team, will he just go for it?

Either way, for the Final and the remaining league games, it is clear that the 433 formation is the way to go. Ever since we started playing Ronaldo up top, he has started owning.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
What a turnaround for the guy last season and this, to shut up all the doubters who called him choker etc. Basically apart from against Barcelona in the Semis when he missed the Penalty, against what big team has he not scored since last season?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
If Barca go through Park will play.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'm still buzzing FVCK! lucky my job interview got rescheduled.

We've played at that stadium what, 3 times in the last 2 seasons, it's almost a home away from home.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
this game will be No. 66 for us this season only one less from a perfect 67 'the FA final', is it true that no team have ever done this before? play 66 games in one season?

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Totally owned Arsenal. With Fletcher and Hargreaves not available, no-one will have a clue what the team will be.

Will Fergie play Park to nullify Messi if we play Barcelona, or considering it is a one off, against either team, will he just go for it?

Either way, for the Final and the remaining league games, it is clear that the 433 formation is the way to go. Ever since we started playing Ronaldo up top, he has started owning.
VDS

O'Shea
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Scholes/Giggs
Carrick
Anderson

Park
Ronaldo
Rooney

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
So Barca it is. Really tough on Chelsea, but we have the glamour final now, where we get to prove definitively, who the best club in the world is. No Fletcher for us, and now Alves and Abidal for Barca, which gives them an awful conundrum in defense, with Marquez out. They basically have two options:

1. ????? - Puyol - Pique - Sylvinho
With the right back position to be filled by any of Busquets, Toure or Victor Sanchez.

2. Puyol - Caceres - Pique - Sylvinho

Either way, I fancy us to put at least 1 past either of those defences.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delighted Chelsea went out, after last seasons final you just know Chelsea would be getting all the luck against us in the final had we met them.

Clean slate now with Barca and they've got a few suspended players in defence which can't hurt but that doesn't change the fact theyll most likely have most of the ball with that outstanding midfield of theirs.

People have to realise Barcelona are far much more than just a side that create beautiful football, they've got huge hunger, fightt for every ball and never give up. Tonight wasn't vintage Barca and they had no shot on target until the 92nd minute yet they went through with just the one shot and they were with 10 men at the time.

Will be a challenge to relish , pitting our wits against whats probably the best side in Europe. Oh and thinking worst case scenario, imagine how it would have felt to lose in a CL final to those players who behaved the way they did at the end of that game.

They're truly a nasty bunch, Barca are like the antithesis of Chelsea.

Roll on Rome.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
Ballack's behaviour was despicable. I'm so glad we didn't end up signing him. I don't care what decisions the ref made, (even though he was pretty poor, no offense Gab) you don't conduct yourself in the manner he did. I hope he gets a hefty ban for that (which he won't).

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Norwegians ref just dont like Chelsea, JD, see Terje Hauge in 2006 who ended up getting death threats. :D That's a pretty bad omen btw since Barca ended up winning the CL that year. :pp

Anyway, I think theyre the best side in Europe but they are not unbeatable. Tonight they had 1 shot on target in 96 minutes of football. And you could argue the share of possession will not be as one sided as it was tonight(70-30 in Barcas favour) although they will dominate most of the ball, just not to that extent.

And people mustn't forget some of the openings and chances Chelsea wasted. Most of them before Barca went down to 10 men.

This is probably gonna be their defence in Rome;

From right to left;

Puyol - Pique - Toure - Sylvinho

We could definitely stretch them which should force back some of their midfielders at times in order to make them less of a threat.

Gonna be one hell of a final. We're already European Champions, we have nothing to prove so just go out there boys and give it your best shot, just enjoy the occasion.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
:D Forgot about the Terje Hauge thing. Who's reffing the final btw? Has it been announced?

Back on topic, I can see a case for Berbatov starting in Rome, against that defense. He has the class to unlock the world's best defensive lines, never mind the one Barca are likely to put out. Who's with me on this?

1 - 20 of 103 Posts