Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LONDON, June 18 (Reuters) - English premier league club Chelsea have
agreed a new contract with Marcel Desailly, keeping the France defender at the club for another four
years.

``Marcel is a key player in our team,'' managing director Colin Hutchinson said on Chelsea's Clubcall
on Sunday. ``He has put pen to paper...this means effectively he will end his career with Chelsea.''

Desailly, 30, had been linked in the last few weeks with moves to Spain and Italy.

Hutchinson said former England defender Graeme Le Saux, who spent most of last season out of the
team with an ankle injury, had also signed for a futher three years.

Striker Chris Sutton, who failed to shine at the London club after a 10-million-pound ($15.12-million)
move from Blackburn at the start of last season, could move to Middlesbrough, Clubcall said.

Chelsea have agreed a six-million-pound ($9.07-million) transfer fee leaving Sutton free to agree
personal terms with the northeast club. Chelsea, last season's FA Cup winners, say they will recoup
more money for Sutton if Middlesbrough have a successful season.

British newspapers also reported Chelsea were chasing England midfielder Nick Barmby who has
failed so far to agree new pay terms with his current club Everton.

Newspapers said Chelsea were prepared to pay eight million pounds ($12.10 million) for Barmby
who came on late in England's 1-0 win over Germany in the European championship on Saturday.

Great news guys.......i wish the best for chelsea, and barmby would be a great signing....it's nice to see they're ACTUALLY TAKING A LOOK at domestic talent :)

·
THE
14,063 Posts
Thanks. Best news of the weekend, don't you think.
Some other stuff
Chelsea withdraw Joao Pinto offer
Chelsea have decide NOT to sign Joao Pinto. Chelsea admitted they had an interest in the player, but have decided not to make a move for player.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
what's wrong with JOAO PINTO??! is he too expensive for a rich club like CHELSEA??! or CHELSEA has another plan or another player to sign??
I watched the two games of Portugal and i can say that JOAO PINTO is a good and decent midfielder, and i think CHELSEA will need him since CHELSEA's midfield will run out of good midfielder.
I don't classify Barmby as good player for a team like CHELSEA, so it wouldn't be a good news for me!
But i'm really glad to know about the new deal of DESAILLY with CHELSEA...:cool:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nick Barmby had an excellent season with Everton last season. He's speculated to go to Chelsea for 8-mil-pounds.
That's quite a lot of money, is he worth it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts