Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
desailly has told man utd he will play for chelsea until 2002 when his contract ends.
desailly wasn't even interested of man utd.
just look what the media do......

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Thank god. :)
But how the media could make quotes up is beyond me, there must be some truth to it.

D

·
0 Posts
Man Utd representives travelled to Morocco to have talks with Desailly. It seems they will now only be sweating because of the high temperature, not in hope of Desailly's signature.

·
THE
14,135 Posts
How reliable is planetfootball.com?cos I got it from there and don't know what to think anymore. I'm starting to like the Nesta idea :) :(
A FRENCH newspaper is claiming that Marcel Desailly has agreed terms with Manchester United, but the tricky part will be in persuading Chelsea to sell their Frenchman to Old Trafford.

Of course, United would not be allowed to negotiate with the World Cup winner without the London club's permission, so Le Parisien's claims may be a little wide of the mark, but the daily from the French capital believes that Desailly has agreed, in principle, a three-year deal with the Premiership champions.

Pape Diouf, the player's agent, is tipped to go to London soon in an attempt to get Ken Bates to change his mind and allow the commanding centre back to link up with his international colleague, Fabien Barthez, at United.

However, there seems to be little chance of Bates letting Sir Alex Ferguson get his way, with Chelsea still bitter that United refused to allow Peter Schmeichel to move to Stamford Bridge last summer. The Danish keeper was only allowed to leave Old Trafford, if he agreed not to move to another club in The Premiership.

Desailly clearly wants to quit West London, and a move to Manchester appeals to the former Marseille and Milan star, but chairman Bates is not the kind of man to give in to player power.

"Ten years ago, Martin Edwards tried to buy Kerry Dixon, but I told him to go **** himself," stormed Bates. "If he rings me again, I'll refer him to my last answer! Desailly is going nowhere, he's not for sale."

However, he did warn there would be some more movement this summer, by adding: "We will have to sell as well as buy new players."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts