Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second home game in a row I won't be attending :embarass: It's works fault this time ;)

The sort of game we need to be winning if we're going to stay in the top 2, but it won't be easy, another close game is likely.

Jones, Pearson, Leacock, Edworthy and Teale should all return to the side for this one after being rested/suspended/cup tied.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Team News

Derby: The Rams have no fresh injury worries after Saturday's FA Cup win over Bristol Rovers - and are boosted by the return of two key players.

Dean Leacock is free again after a one-match suspension while winger Gary Teale will be back in the frame after being cup-tied at the weekend.

The likes of David Jones, Marc Edworthy, Matt Oakley and Stephen Pearson are all likely to be in contention after taking a break on Saturday.

Paul Boertien is still on the sidelines with a knee injury but is edging closer towards fitness again and shouldn't be out of contention for too much longer.

New signing James McEveley is unavailable as his transfer from Blackburn Rovers wasn't completed ahead of the 12noon Monday deadline to allow him to feature.

Burnley: The Clarets have doubts over Steve Jones (calf) and Alan Mahon (groin) ahead of tonight's encounter.

THE REFEREE

West Yorkshire's Mike Riley takes charge of only his second game at Pride Park and his first since December 1999 - when Burnley were also the visitors, in an FA Cup third round tie.

The FIFA-list official has taken charge of numerous high-profile fixtures this season - ranging from Champions League to top of the Premiership and much more.

In his 27 games he has issued 89 yellow cards and a further eight reds

What's with us suddenly getting premiership referee's??

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I'm predicting another 1-0 win, Pearson to score, if we do win it would surely see another Manager of the Month for Davies, and we know what happens when that happens, you lose your next game. . .

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah looking to win all 6 games in a month for the 2nd time this season, would be a remarkable achievement, though 2 of the games this time we're in the cup. If we won this game it would be a 7th straight win :eek:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hmmmm to be fair this is our first mid-week game in a while, I would think some of the "bigger" players will make their welcome return, like Pearson and Jones which will really help us... Even though I can realli see this being a really really tough game, perhaps another 1-0!!!,

Howard to score me thinks!!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got this feeling...I reckon it's got 0-0 written all over it just like the game at their place, hope I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Another 1-0 :D Well wins are wins and right now thats all Derby need to get promoted. In some ways you can say that the luck of winning 1-0 can not always remain with you, but in the end it shows that the Derby squad has great resolve and have that winning mentality. So winning by the odd goal is all you need. Congrats on the win once more and another step closer to promotion of course.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
OOO yes, finally my prediction is right with Steve Howard getting the only goal in the game!!!!!!

I think if we keep racking up these wins, forget playoffs I think we could be starting to believe that we could be potential title contenders here!!!!!, I mean especially with Birmingham losing tonight that puts us top with a 6 point gap appearing as well.. Makes you wonder though when our bad run is gonna come, I really hope it doesn't come at the end of the season when our results matter the most!!

·
Registered
68,840 Posts
but today shows anybody can win in this division, I mean who thought Southend were going to win in Birmingham? every team has something to play for, whether its that automatic promotion spot, playoffs or fight for survival in the Championship, tough matches every week

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, what a night, everything just went perfect for us, we win and Birmingham and Preston both lose. I thought Preston would lose at Colchester, but I thought Southend could get a draw at best at St Andrews.

Southend aren't the worst side in this division at all, they gave us a very good game the other week, and they've only lost 3 times in the last 2 months in the league and that was too us, Birmingham the first time and Wolves, so their on a good run of form as well.

People are talking about when we will go on a bad run . . . what I want to now is when are we going to start playing too full potential, because we're not doing that for a full 90 minutes yet. There was signs last night, the first 25 minutes, Jones, Pearson, Fagan and Teale we're brilliant, Jones just keeps on getting better, and the other 3 ill do the same the more they play together, Fagan who hasn't looked great in his first couple of games was superb first half. There's still more to come from this side, which is the promising thing.

There's always the chance of a bad run in this division, but the way we're defending, it's hard too see teams even scoring past us, 10 clean sheets in the last 15 games is unbelievable. Leacock and Moore have been immense at the back, hopefully they can keep it going, they we're put under a lot of pressure last night, the first 25 might have been superb, the next 65 was rubbish, we stopped passing the ball, and eding up having to defend again, but yet again we closed the game out :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How could I forget Oakley :embarass: superb in that holding role, far better at it than Seth or Bob Malcolm.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i can't take it anymore.

perhaps, the only good thing that can come out of derby promotion is that then i can watch u lose every week.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
What a great night. Everything went just the way we wanted it too. And now we have a bit of breathing space at the top, before we have a tough game at Southampton.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
bartle said:
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i can't take it anymore.

perhaps, the only good thing that can come out of derby promotion is that then i can watch u lose every week.
This is just not right. They fixed the league I think. How can anything and everything go in their favour!! :thmbdown:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The FA have confirmed that Billy Davies will not be charged in respect of being sent to the stands by referee Mike Riley during Tuesday night's home victory over Burnley.

Billy now has a few more days to decide whether to appeal against being charged by the FA after being sent to the stands at Roots Hall during the Rams' victory at Southend on January 20.

Good news

1 - 17 of 17 Posts