Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thread so myself and Neil have something to talk about in the quiet summer months :D

Of course the football club is a off shoot of the cricket club, hence the County in the name, rather than Town or something else.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Annual university warm up fixture starts on the 12th against Cambridge.

First game of the championship starts on the 19th against Lancashire...forgot whether it's home or away :howler:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Hah yes some good signings been made, guptil and dilshan as overseas player, some Aussie for the 20/20 can't remember his name.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nathan rimmington is the Aussie. Shiv thakor could be a good signing too.

Guptil has been recalled to the NZ test team so can only play the first 3 games, might have to look for another overseas player as well now.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed, his playing exploits were well before my time, but growing up in the 90s he was truly the voice of cricket.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think it's still falcons, lol yeah they've had a few, i remember phantoms, sure there is more was storm one?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Derby storm was the legendary basketball team. Shame they went bust, was the only basketball team in the uk with their own arena. The derby trailblazers who formed to take their place have never made it back to the national league.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ar, I remember the thunder dome/storm arena, whatever happened to that?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and the other name for the cricket team was Derbyshire scorpions, glad they've gone to falcons, sounds better and has some relevance to derby.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I tried google and couldn't find anything, most recent thing I found was a boxing match in 2003. Nip into town and have a look :pp

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unsurprisingly a strong performance so far against Cambridge university in the warm up game. Batted first and scored 535-6 including Guptil retiring on 161, madden scored 133, thakor 60 not out. Good to see the main men in good touch. Then bowled Cambridge out for 95. 4 wickets for Footitt, should be playing for England if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cambridge bowled out for 176 following on, thakor 4 wickets durst on 3 doing most of the damage. Good early promise from thakor hopefully he takes that into the start of the season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Erm neither no I to be fair.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Glamorgan and Leicester and northants and Gloucester both draw in the 2 opening games of the county season. Glamorgan top if the table on 12 points.

1 - 20 of 435 Posts