Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after getting my ticket for the game!!, the sense of anticipation and excitement quietly builds again for the first match the of the new Championship season

Gradually putting last season's debacle behind us, I for one, are quietly hoping my good fortunes this season. Although the first games in any season don't really tell us anything (aka last season's game vs Portsmouth, where I believe that was our best performance of the whole season!), I think the fans deserve a good performance to kick start the new season!!

I honestly can't wait for Saturday now, gonna be awesome!!!!!!

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
i think the 1st game is so important and to win its points will motivate your team before you play against stronger teams.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
It'll be an interesting one, hoping for a good start obviously, but we are going to have nearly a whole new team playing, so you cant expect them to hit top form straight away, hopefully we'll have enough to beat Doncaster though.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Donny will win this.. honestly... the first day always throws up shit like this.

Please beat them though... the only thing i want them to win this year is "tin pot club of the year"

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Donny will win this.. honestly... the first day always throws up shit like this.

Please beat them though... the only thing i want them to win this year is "tin pot club of the year"

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Brings back memories of Reading in 02, we hammered them 3-0 infront of 33,000 then it slowly went downhill from there :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
ah yes that was the most depressing 90 minutes of my life :howler:

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
It's usually a blessing in disguise when you have an "easy" first match of the season at home..... you either go into it complacent and feck it up, or win it with ease, then get complacent for the next matches.

Ipswich face a similar dilemma, being heavy favourites for tomorrow's opener at home to Preston... will be interesting to see results tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
here we are, feels strange to actually look forward to a match :howler: hammering it down as well. Gonna be an interesting day, i fancy a draw myself.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
I think Derby will actually win this match, won't be easy, as these sides like Doncaster are always tricky opening day. I'll say 1:0 win

Carroll
Mears - Stubbs - Albrechtsen - McEveley
Pereplotkins - Green - 'Kaz' - Commons
Hulse - Ellington
SUBS: Bywater, Connolly, Savage, Davies, Villa

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
iirc another east-midlands side lost at home to the playoff winners on the first day and they went on to have a storming season.

Some of the above may not be true

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Well, if all we're going to do this season is hoof 50 yard balls, i'm going to spend my saturday afternoons watching paint dry instead.

Commons looked good though, when we got the ball to his feet instead of hoofing balls up in the air to him.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
:howler:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts