Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a draw with Brighton, a game against Bristol City. A win here makes it a good 4 point haul from the two games.

Bristol play a very open game from what I've seen of them. Would be a crazy approach against us.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
If Bristol play like they have every time I've seen them on the telly, it will be an exciting game.

And I'd expect us to win by a few goals.

·
Registered
391 Posts
They play 352, and tend to be quite attack minded, but leave themselves vulnerable at the back. We will have to be wary of them going forward, but if they leave us space to attack with the players we've got there will be goals for us.

·
Registered
391 Posts
With Middlesbrough playing Burnley and Brighton playing QPR, someone at least will drop points tonight. We must take advantage.

Hull play Reading tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Wonder if Clement will freshen the team up. Perhaps give the likes of Hendrick, Russell, bent a game. Maybe rest Warnock and give Baird a run out.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Russell, Hendrick and Bent are in.

Butterfield, Thorne and Martin are out.

Big calls, but the squad needs to be used. Needs the team to back him up though.

Not sure on the formation.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Looks like 4231 with Ince behind bent.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
1-0 Tom Ince

Skips passed 3 players and stuck it away. That's what he's about, hopefully that brings his confidence back.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
2-0 Ince again :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
There's the hat trick.

And a large number of fans wanted him dropped.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Russell 4-0 smashing it.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Just the performance we were after.

Eyebrows were raised with the team selection, but Clement gets it right again. The change in formation gave Ince the freedom to effect the game. Will he keep this formation in the next game?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Just what we needed, and we now have the best goal difference in the division I think. This could be so tight this season it could be down to fine margins.

The change in formation worked, we seemed to be more positive and Ince got more chance to influence, whilst keeping two wide players. Bent had a decent game as well, hit the bar and assisted Inces third. Hendrick had a good first half, but came off with a possible injury.

Overall,the players who had a chance, either to start or play a different role, all stepped up and took it. Which is exactly what you want.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Interestingly we are now the second highest scorers in the division, behind only Fulham.

Who are 17th in the table :googly:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts