Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No rest this time of year, Reading at home on New Years Eve, its on Sky and kick offs moved back to past 5 o clock, so there will be no-one there, not even many season ticket holders, don't think I am going myself, I'll make up for it by going to Millwall on Monday, got the tickets today but there's no spaces left on the club coach, so we're driving down to london and getting the train/tube, so yes I'll probably get murdered, but oh well it will be an experience :)

As for Reading, probably be the smallest crowd for a league match at Pride Park, and we'll get thrashed, just like evryone who plays Reading at the moment.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I could'nt think of a worse time to kick off this match at, its an absolute joke. As jimbo saying, a lot of people will rather watch this game on sky rather than bother makin the tretrous journey to Pride Park

In terms of the game, I think its a certain away win, I just can't see Derby containing Reading at all the moment. With Brown's "positive" tactics at home, we will playing right into Reading's hands. In terms of the scoreline I can see Reading running away with the this one, im gonna say 2-0 to Reading

(By the way hoping im wrong, when im sayin all this. I really am a Derby fan and want to see them win the game)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry but I have to disagree totally, if we "have a go" at Reading, we'd probably get thrashed about 5 or 6 none, we don't want to be giving them acres of space in which too rip us apart, we need to keep it tight and try and score on the break away, just like we did at the Madjeski last season, I don't care if we're at home, there a much better side than us at the moment, it's like if we were in the premiership and playing Chelsea.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am definately watching it in the pub, I have a feeling I may need the alcohol in me to stomach this one :(

And I used to be so optimistic, I don't know what's happened....

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Davies sent off and Reading tie it up in the 88th minute, disappointing but I was expecting this sort of finish, typical Derby :(

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
Seth Johnson almost put it in his own net, Reading put some good pressure in the final minutes winning two corners but the 10 men Derby survive and get a point, disappointing not to get three

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Unlucky lads, that sending off really stuffed you :sigh: You looked good again tonight, certainly gave Reading a run for their money:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sums us up really, looked good but could only get a draw, that's 14 now this season, and we're starting to get alot closer to the relegation zone rather than the play offs now, we'll have to see what happens in this transfer window, ins and outs. Graham does a good job up front on his own, but he's not a goalscorer.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
As jimbo said it somes up our season, I thought that we made Reading look very very ordinary but yet again brown's defensive tatics after going ahead cost I feel, because I don't think Reading were hurting us at all going forward. I thought Holmes looked very good last nite, as well as Seth. I also thought that Graham had a very good game, as he caused there 2 centre backs to panic quite a bit!!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Btw what on earth was Camp doing for the 2nd goal, he looked like he was watching a bird or something

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Bad luck for you yesterday. So now it´s only one point and you´re getting closer to the relegation zone again. I thought you would be out of that low.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
happy days! today it will be Millwall to compound their misery. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Durkos said:
As jimbo said it somes up our season, I thought that we made Reading look very very ordinary but yet again brown's defensive tatics after going ahead cost I feel, because I don't think Reading were hurting us at all going forward. I thought Holmes looked very good last nite, as well as Seth. I also thought that Graham had a very good game, as he caused there 2 centre backs to panic quite a bit!!
Don't see how you can complainBrown for going defensive after Davies got sent off myself, I think your getting a bit obsessed Durks :howler:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts