Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the stuttering start to the season was ended with a win at Deepdale. We need to do it again. This time on home soil.

Pearson though looked like relegation fodder early on, have been doing fairly well of late and will be thinking of trying to consolidate in mid table.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Huge game!

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Been chatting about Hendrick coming in for Johnson.

I think nearly every derby fan can agree the game away at Hull was the best performance of the season?

The midfield 3 for that game was,

Butterfield - Thorne - Hendrick

Since that game I can't think of a time that 3 have been on the pitch together, that seems crazy to me, especially given Johnsons dip in form. That's the midfield 3 we should go,with for this game, but will we?

·
Registered
391 Posts
We've looked at the midfield, what about the front 3? I think Clement will stick with the same 3, could there be changes? The only thing I might do is put Blackman through the middle and Camara on the left. But I actually think this is the sort of game Martin might come good with a couple of goals.

Also left back, Warnock or Olsson?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Id like to see Camara get a full 90, you can't expect him to settle in and find any form just playing 20/30 minutes here and there.

Left backs a tough call, but at home we should play Olsson and go on the attack.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
TEAM NEWS

Sweden left-back Marcus Olsson could make his debut for Derby, putting Stephen Warnock's place at risk.

Strikers Johnny Russell and Abdoul Camara and midfielders Craig Bryson and Jeff Hendrick are also vying for starts for the Rams, who are winless in five.

Preston boss Simon Grayson is expected to hand goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard his debut over former Manchester United team-mate Sam Johnstone.

Captain Tom Clarke is back from injury but Jermaine Beckford is out (knee).

MATCH FACTS

Derby have won each of the last four league encounters with Preston, netting an average of three goals per game (12 goals).
Preston have scored in six of the last seven league fixtures away to Derby, although they have failed to win any of these encounters (D3 L4).
Derby have not lost three successive league games since February 2012.
Preston's last seven league goals have all come from different players, with two by opposition players.
The Rams have conceded as many goals in their last three games in all competitions as they had in the previous 16.
Preston are the only Championship side yet to concede in the opening 15 minutes this season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Personally I'd play Olsson, Camara and Hendrick in place of Warnock, Blackman and Johnson. Let's remember we played on Friday night while Preston have had over a weeks rest. We need some fresh legs in there.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Everyone called for it, hopefully Hendrick now performs.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
0-0 at half time, been a bit better, we just need a goal to really get us going.

·
Registered
69,202 Posts
Another disappointing result and top two is looking unlikely. In fact its time to start looking at the teams behind, as the gap to 7th is now only three points.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
0-0 full time :palm: devoid of ideas to be honest.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
67% possession
16 shots
0 on target

Nothing else needs to be said.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The fans are scathing, I hope Paul Clement has a tin hat.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Worrying interview from Clement after the game, gave a clue to why we seem so tentative in possession. How long before his job is genuinely under threat?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts