Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the beginning of the Darren Wassall era then, couldn't pick a better game really, they tend to try and play football but leave themselves open a bit.

Will be interesting to see what team he puts out.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good to see everyone's excited for Wassalls first game :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Err I'm not sure, sometimes judging by the line ups I think they're playing 442, other times it looks 433, but that might have been to marry up with the first team.

I have no idea how Wassall will set the team up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Of course the last time Darren Wassall took charge of a game, we were 4-1 down at home to Ipswich at half time. Let's hope for better tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Of course the last time Darren Wassall took charge of a game, we were 4-1 down at home to Ipswich at half time. Let's hope for better tomorrow.
:doh:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at the clips of this weeks training ground sessions and interviews, the players look happier to me, and there doesn't seem to be much surprise or disappointment with Clements sacking coming from the players.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess the team time then....

Carson

Christie - Keogh - Shackell - Olsson

Ince - Butterfield - Bryson - Johnson

Blackman - Martin

Probably be miles out...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like 433

Carson

Christie - Keogh - Shackell - Olsson

Bryson - Johnson - Hendrick

Ince - Martin - Russell

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Radio Derby says 442 with Russell up front

·
Registered
521 Posts
A bit too much long ball today, we need to find a balance between short passes and long ball. Too many key players still short on confidence. We have got to get a win from somewhere before the play offs slip away as we'll.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Firstly it's a game we should have won. We had the chances, but it just somew us up at the moment, we were caught out by a free kick.

Agree with Oakwood, instead of trying to mix our game up, we went a bit too direct.

We just need to find this win to get us going again and give the players some confidence.

One thing I didn't understand is why we played 442 with Russell upfront, when we have Bent and Blackman.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts