Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to stuff it up the scousers :D I dunno why but I just have a feeling in me bones, that something magical is about to happen. Spirit of the season and all that bollox :howler:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
it was really close the last time these two sides met, with Liverpool eventually winning 6-0, expecting something similar again on boxing day.:)
saw liverpool play against the Pompeys last weekend, i think they are just picking up at the right time (at least from the ram's perspective). i hope that rafa doesn't do too much experiement and stick to Torres-Kuyt combination up front.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It won't be anywhere near 6-0 this time :stuckup:

Torres will cause us all sorts of problems if he plays though.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
im scared of Derby :scared:

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
One change to the lineup, Price in goal as Bywater had to pull out of the lineup because of a shoulder injury

Price
Mears - Moore - Leacock - McEevely
Teale - Barnes - Pearson - Lewis
Miller - Howard

SUBS: Hinchliffe, Johnson, Earnshaw, Fagan, Feilhaber
Hinchliffe needed to run to the parking lot to get his equipment :pp

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
McEveley scores from a header from a Lewis free kick! 1:1, now Feilhaber and Earnshaw are both on, I hope Derby can hold on to this, even better, win maybe! :pp

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
game over, 2:1, Derby once again concede a goal in the final minutes, things have looked better under Jewell but this team will be relegated, especially today's results which did not go Derby's way (Wigan won, Birmingham won) but Sunderland and Boro did lose their matches

I thought Feilhaber did well in the second half, hopefully this opens the eyes of Jewell and gets him into the starting lineup, he really only made one mistake. Lewis did well today.

I know it may be difficult to say, but Derby didn't deserve to lose this, I know Liverpool had so many chances, but Derby did well as well.

·
Registered
69,196 Posts
oh btw can I say I'm sick of this Liverpool :howler: they think they are something great, but can they win the league first, they need to thank UEFA for allowing 16 English clubs in the CL :pp ;)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
After watching the highlights on MOTD.. Liverpool aka Title Contenders *cough cough* errrrrrrrr struggling to beat us... I very much doubt it

Although we played really really well, again we cudnt manage to hold on to the point, at least now we are playing with a lot more confidence and Jewell is starting to get us playing with me a bit more passion now as well :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I hate to say this, but i felt a bit sorry for u yesterday.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
may be it had something to do with the holiday sprits.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I was devastated, at least the feeling of being completely gutted has returned when we lose, instead of just walking out of the ground, thinking well another defeat, and not really caring.

Jewell's taking us forward, no doubt about it, it will be too late to save us from relegation, but performances like the 2nd half yesterday, at least we can trouble a lot of teams before we go down, and hopefully take some momentum into next season.

And some key points to the improvement in the second half, Feilhaber and Barnes in the centre of midfield passing the ball too each other, instead of just getting rid as quick as possible. I really do think if them two can have a run of playing together in there, they can do some great things.

And also Darren Moore going off, the guy's a liability, Michael Johnson back from the dead, even looked a lot better.

Oh well, it was a good game, the atmosphere was good, and a rare enjoyable match this season, even if it did end up going sour.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Infamous_LFC said:
Derby are tossers. Hope you get relegated. Singing anti scouse songs when you manager is born and bred scouser real smart :rollani: . I guess brains don't reach the midlands.
didums :cry:

It makes me sick the way in recent years, how Derby has become described as a nice place to go and watch football :sick: A trip to the BBG used to be a dreaded thing. Away fans should be huddled up in that away ended just wanting to get out of here, theirs nothing nice in Derby so f**k off back where you've come from :D

And I won't apologise for hating scousers, Paul Jewell should be thankful we've let him in the city ;)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Even if it's too late for escaping relegation you shouldn't be ashamed of Derby's last games. Away draw against Newcastle and exciting battle against The Reds - Derby can cause problems to many teams and you'll surely get some points and nice memories before getting relegated (or maybe it's not too late ?)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts