Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit slack putting this thread, as were not playing until Monday Night. What's that all about anyway?! :pp

Wait for news on the 3 injuries, Thorne, Bryson and Baird. If fit enough I'd be tempted to get Thorne straight back in the team for this one, in place of Hendrick.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Baird and Bryson ruled out of the game.

Thorne is back in training and in contention to play.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah we don't want another fiasco like last season. I do think he needs a good run of football to get his body where it should be.

·
Registered
521 Posts
They should make sure George is right. Hopefully he should be, we need his presence in midfield against a team like Burnley.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm I predict a draw, 1-1 Johnson to score our goal. Just think Burnley are a bit of a bogey team for us.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first goal will be key, as always of course. But the 2 games we scored first we've won both games. The way we are set up and the players we have, if we can get ourselves in front, it will be very difficult for teams to get back at us.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
We seem capable of defending a lead now. Would like to see us win a game by 3 goals comfortably. Not seen that yet this season. Doubt Burnley is the match for that to happen though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If Thorne is 100% fit to play, bringing him in for Hendrick is the only change i would make. Though knowing Clement it could be 4 or 5 changes.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Team news

Derby will try to secure a first home win of the season without captain Chris Baird, as he continues his recovery from concussion.
George Thorne could return after missing two games with a calf injury, but Craig Bryson (knee) is still out.

Burnley manager Sean Dyche has no fresh injury concerns, with his side looking to make it five league wins in a row.
Fredrik Ulvestad (ankle) and Joey Barton will not feature, with Barton still building his match-fitness.

Match facts

Derby County have collected just two points in their last 10 league games against Burnley, drawing two and losing eight. :palm:

Burnley have conceded just one goal in their last five league meetings with the Rams.

The Rams have attempted the most passes in the division (3608), exactly 900 more than Burnley have. :proud:

In midweek, George Boyd scored his first league goal since netting the winner for Burnley v Manchester City in March.
With five, the Clarets have scored the most headed goals in the Championship so far.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah that's proper shit. We must be due a win then surely?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see ode Crowley gob is still bleating on about him much money we spent. the sour grapes is incredible. I mean it's not like they spent 9 million on a striker from Brentford...

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Team news

Carson

Christie
Keogh
Shackell
Forsyth

Butterfield
Thorne
Johnson

Russell
Martin
Wiemann

No ince, picked up a knock in training.

I really like the look of that team, big chance for Wiemann.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They're at the back near the south stand, must only be in the 100s.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts