Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it's my birthday next week, myself, Neil, former XT regular durkos and my brother, who also posted on here around the mid nougties, can't recall his username though. Have arranged to go Tuesday nights visit of Middlesbrough. Love a good night game.

Wasn't too many tickets left, so if boro are bringing good numbers should be a big crowd and hopefully a decent atmosphere.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a look and found him in the original derby county thread, kingnew29. Obviously didn't know where the space bar was back then.

Thought you'd like grand day out, considered jolly boys outing also.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What we reckon for the team? Same again? Or some changes, Wiemann perhaps to get a start? Not sure I'd change anything else?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Russell is lively but there's not enough end product there.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Fair point, it's a bit of a shame as the rest of his game is spot on at the moment. But we need to see that scoring form from pre season.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boro expected to bring around 1600, hopefully another crowd up near 30,000 again.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2000 boro fans expected now, struggle to get that for home games don't they? :pp

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Match Preview

Jamie Hanson is set to continue in central midfield for Derby with both Will Hughes and Craig Bryson out because of knee injuries.
Former Aston Villa pair Darren Bent and Andreas Weimann offer Rams coach Paul Clement extra attacking options.
Boro coach Aitor Karanka has defender Ben Gibson still out with a hamstring problem but has no new injury concerns.
New signing David Nugent, a substitute in the 3-0 win over Bolton on Saturday, may start against Derby.

MATCH FACTS

Derby have lost their past three games against Middlesbrough without scoring.
Middlesbrough have lost only three of their past 18 games against the Rams, winning 12.
Darren Bent scored five goals in his first five league appearances against Middlesbrough but has failed to net in his past three.
Kike scored his first double in English football in Middlesbrough's 3-0 win over Bolton.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll put it out there early, i ****ing hate David Nugent.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having a pre match cuppa with Neil, (must be getting old, used to be 5 pints)before heading off to the game. Feeling optimistic :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We completely dominated the game, 68% possession, but boro got a lucky break when a ball deflected to Kike in the box. Then you could see the gap left by Hughes, we just lacked a bit of creativity to break through Boros stubborn defence. I didn't think it was going to happen, but suddenly the ball just fell to Russell in space, and he took his chance well.

The point was the least we deserved. On the plus side, we look a lot more organised, and solid at the back, I don't think we'll lose many games this season. Just need to turn these draws into wins now.

Hanson and Hendrick both went off injured, not sure how serious they are, but 2 more midfielders :palm:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts