Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
69,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in many years the derby is actually an anticipated event, with both teams having a good chance at the title and both teams looking strong on paper (though with these returning guys you never know, Robert Kovac, Seric etc.. could very easily be busts) but thats besides the point for now

Also the anticipation from the fans is huge, large lines for tickets and Poljud will surely be packed from both sets of fans

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Finally..:pp well i think if hajduk wants to win the title they have to win this game..i just hope hajduk goes out and trys to win this game and not go for a draw..i have a feeling though they will go for the draw espicially if kalinic does not play..a draw would keep hajduk in the race but realistically speaking hajduk needs to win this game at home if they want to win the title..

·
Registered
69,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoever wins the game will most likely win the title. A draw would be better for Dinamo as then the final derby league match will be played in Maksimir (also on the last day of the season)

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
this game won't decide anything, if dinamo wins they will have an advantage of only 4 points and there is still another derby to be played, i don't think that dinamo will win all remaining games against the lower teams.

·
Registered
69,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this game won't decide anything, if dinamo wins they will have an advantage of only 4 points and there is still another derby to be played, i don't think that dinamo will win all remaining games against the lower teams.
Yes, but that derby would be played in Maksimir, sure Hajduk can still win there but it will be tough.

If anything, Hajduk have to prove themselves and win against lower teams. The only "lower" team Dinamo seems to struggle against is Zadar, and they have difficult times with Varteks, while Hajduk (pre-Mise) would lose to teams like Sesvete, Inter, Cibalia...

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
I think Vejic and even Seric (if he regains his old form) could challenge for spots in Dinamo's 11.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Vejić is indeed good player, but is he better than Kovač and Bišćan? No...

Šerić is just like Hrgović... i rate Ibanez higher than both.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Hi guys!

I don't think this game will necessarily be a make or break but it's definately going to be very exciting, feels like it might end in a draw. It'll be a tight race right until the end of the season. Also it'll be nice seeing a packed and loud poljud stadium.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
i disagree.. this game is very important for hajduks mental phyche..if they lose at poljud to dinamo hajduk will fade from the title race as i think that loss would cripple them phycologically..if they win on the other hand game on..if they draw well its staus quo then with dinamo having the advantage..

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
Except for Subasic and Penalinic not single Hajduk player could even smell our first 11.
funny i feel the same way about dinamo. personally i look at dinamo's team and i try very hard to find at least one semi decent player in it but i am afraid that i can't do that. i don't see a single player in dinamo team that i would take for hajduk team...

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
funny i feel the same way about dinamo. personally i look at dinamo's team and i try very hard to find at least one semi decent player in it but i am afraid that i can't do that. i don't see a single player in dinamo team that i would take for hajduk team...
ajde, ajde,
R.Kovac>Buljat
Mandzukic> ko god vam bio drugi napadac
barem to moras priznati.

realistically, dinamo has better defensive and attacking line while hajduk has better midfield.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
ajde, ajde,
R.Kovac>Buljat
Mandzukic> ko god vam bio drugi napadac
barem to moras priznati.

realistically, dinamo has better defensive and attacking line while hajduk has better midfield.
no need for mandzukic as a 2nd striker as i expect we will play 4-5-1 :pp

i agree with you on dinamo having better defense and hajduk having better midfield but on attacking line i think both of us are pretty much equally inconsistent. two main attacking options on both sides kalinic and mandzukic aren't that much different imo. we have oremus who is a good player, you have slepicka who still needs to prove himself. we have bartolovic & busic who are past it you have bole top and sokota who are past it. that only leaves tadic as an extra option for your attacking line.
only major difference i see is that dinamo has more options for the striker position but then again they also use more strikers than we do.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
only major difference i see is that dinamo has more options for the striker position but then again they also use more strikers than we do.
depth is also a quality, you don't have ANYONE besides that lazy dude who thinks he is the best striker the world has ever seen.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
depth is also a quality, you don't have ANYONE besides that lazy dude who thinks he is the best striker the world has ever seen.
oremus has scored some crucial goals for us, ibricic has played his best football in hnl when he played as a striker for zagreb last spring.

what makes kalinic special is that he's the only true striker we have.

i don't see what makes your attacking line better than ours.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
oh and on the game it won't decide the championship. such games never ever did decide championships. the title was ALWAYS decided on so called small games.

winning the game will give the victors extra boost of confidence but that can be a double edged sword as it will rise expectations on that team, will throw it into spotlight and there will be euphoria around the team which may cause them to drop valuable points. it has happened before.

2001 - dinamo won 3 out of 4 derbies but hajduk were the champions
2003 - hajduk won 3 out of 4 derbies but dinamo were the champions

also remember this season after hajduk won in maksimir we went on to drop points against inter zapresic, croatia sesvete and zadar thus blowing everything we have gained in maksimir.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
This match will not decide the league for sure, but it will give the victor an immense booost. I'm actually a little afraid of dinamo, it seems to me they can score alot of goals while we are struggling to put the ball in the net. I'm just hoping that Kale will be healthy enough t ostart this game otherwise we're in trouble. Many of you d fans claim your defense is better but I'm not so sure about that considering how many goals you allowed against Red Bull and Sanfrecce. Overall you guys have a better forward line, but I feel we're superior in midfield and equal in the back after we aquired Vejic. I'm going to predict a drab 0-0 or 1-1 draw. I'd also like to say I hope there is no violence off the field and that the match is played in a respectful and safe atmosphere, although that is wishful thinking on my part.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts