Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting the "fread" early this week.

So far our "Corona 11" is Radu, Bastoni, Skriniar, Young, Nainggolan, Gagliardini.

Sensi is suspended.

The biggest losses there are Bastoni, Skriniar, Young. We can live without Gaglia and Nainggolan (and obviously Radu).

I would just be worried one or two more players contract the virus before Saturday.

The other huge problem, of course, is that our SA players will potentially be f**ked from playing qualfiers in Chile and Bolivia and then travelling back to Europe.

I would personally start Darmian as LCB instead of the horror show that is Kolarov, but it's unlikely to happen.

Anyway, I guess Conte will go with:

------------------------------------------Handanovic--------------------------------------

--------------------D'Ambrosio-----------De-Vrij---------------Kolarov--------------------

Hakimi---------------------Barella------------------Brozovic------------------Perisic

----------------------------------------Vidal/Eriksen---------------------------------------

---------------------------Lautaro---------------------Lukaku-----------------------------

I expect us to concede at least 2 goals with Kolarov (and Perisic) in the first 11. That combination saw us concede 3 at home to Fiorentina, then of course we conceded 2 at Benevento with Kolarov at LCB.

We can obviously score 3 or 4 on a good day against ACM, but I still don't have high hopes.

This will probably be their first league Derby win in (I think) 5 years (correct me if I'm wrong there...)

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Laughing at some Milan fans on Twitter who think Romagnoli and Calhanoglu would get into our First 11 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Obivously Theo Hernandes and Donarruma would, but that's where it ends....

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Why would Donnarumma obviously make our team? He is younger than Samir, but not better.

Their last league win was in 15-16, 3-0 when Icardi missed a penalty and Eder missed a sitter.

They did beat us in Coppa Italia 17-18 though, Cutrone.

I understand the thread title but it makes me more worried about the match as we lost to juve last season when a similar thread title was used...

The South Americans are an issue indeed. Lautaro is rather young and Alexis is backup, but the real problem is that Vidal at his age played 2 tough games with Chile, travelling through Italy, Uruguay and Chile... so Gagliardini probably would have started the derby had not for coronavirus. We might see a midfield of Brozovic, Barella and Eriksen which would make sense considering factors like age and travelling.

Missing 6 players through covid, Vecino through injury and Sensi for suspension is a lot.

I remember we lost a derby because our Argentina internationals were tired from a trip to Japan and missed the match, think that was 02-03 may be. Anyhow Vidal should probably be backup and rested for the more important Gladbach game. Derby is important but the league season is long, CL groupstage isn't. We have to beat Gladbach in Milano, but the derby I would take a point all things considered

Singling out Perisic and Kolarov is harsh as others made mistakes too. Like people losing the ball leading to goals conceded such as Eriksen, Lukaku-Young and Brozovic, Handanovic assisting Caprari, D'Ambrosio and Young failing to deal with Ribery, Acerbi allowed a lot of time and space to assist Lazio's goal etc..

Sure we might concede 2 or more, but Perisic and Kolarov were not at Inter when we won derbies 4-3, 4-2 and the most recent 4-2. Or in derbies we lost. Btw Lazzari was also getting past players like Bastoni, De Vrij and Gagliardini in the last game, and Young had to foul him (took a booking) to stop him, just saying..

Forza Inter.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would Donnarumma obviously make our team? He is younger than Samir, but not better.
I think he's better, but each to their own

The South Americans are an issue indeed. Lautaro is rather young and Alexis is backup, but the real problem is that Vidal at his age played 2 tough games with Chile, travelling through Italy, Uruguay and Chile... so Gagliardini probably would have started the derby had not for coronavirus. We might see a midfield of Brozovic, Barella and Eriksen which would make sense considering factors like age and travelling.
If we have Eriksen, Perisic and Kolarov in one team (as we did against Fiorentina) then we lose heavily IMO. Milan will cut through the midfield and left side at will.

I would still play Vidal, even if he is semi-fit.

Singling out Perisic and Kolarov is harsh as others made mistakes too.

Both have been playing out of position, so not surprising that they've been horrible.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, every time we play with Eriksen + Brozo teams absolutely violate our midfield for fun...

Add that to the Kolvaro+Perisic mess on the left-hand side and you have the perfect conditions for a loss....

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Ribery was the player giving us the most problems by far, he created most of the chances in that match and he plays on the left, so our right side. I think it's simplistic to just imply that Kolarov and Perisic are the reason we looked bad defensively against Fiorentina. Kolarov didn't do well on Biraghi cross leading to the opening goal and Perisic didn't defend well in the Chiesa goal but also other players made mistakes too, and the failure to contain Ribery has nothing to do with Kolarov or Perisic. And we were without De Vrij, Bastoni played central etc.. it's a collective not 1 or 2 players.

Why can't Barella-Brozovic do the work of say Freuler-De Roon? Atalanta can afford to play with Gomez, Muriel/Ilicic and Zapata with Hateboer and Gosens attacking as well...and yet Inter can't play with Eriksen, Lukaku and Lautaro?

Conte would prefer to bench Eriksen like he did at Benevento and at Lazio but with the absentees (Sensi, Nainggolan, Vecino and Gagliardini) not to mention the questionable condition of Vidal then I think Conte may start the Dane in the derby.

There are plenty of examples of games we lost or drew or conceded a lot in that have nothing to do with Eriksen really, tbf. Did we lose twice to juve or lose EL final or lose to Lazio or lose to Bologna or lose at Dortmund or lose twice to Barca because of Eriksen? No.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No but every time Brozo and Eriksen start together we are terrible.

I'd play Sensi against Gladbach and use Vidal in the Derby

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Sanchez: 'Fit for the derby'
Football Italia
8 Hours Ago

Alexis Sanchez reassures Inter fans that he ‘feels well’ and that he will be fit to face Milan on Saturday after picking up a knock in Chile’s World Cup qualifying game against Colombia.

"I’m fine, it’s nothing serious,” Sanchez told reporters after the game, reports FcInternews.

The former Manchester United forward will be fit to face Milan on Saturday.

"I’m always ready, I love what I do,” he said.

Sanchez scored a goal in Chile’s 2-2 draw against Colombia but picked up a knock in a tackle with James Rodriguez.

Sanchez is heading back to Italy where will have a swab test like all the other Serie A players coming back from their international duty.

Inter have already registered six confirmed cases of Covid-19 among their players.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh my God.....that looks a horrible tackle

We will definitely need him in the 2nd half

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
If we have Eriksen, Perisic and Kolarov in one team (as we did against Fiorentina) then we lose heavily IMO. Milan will cut through the midfield and left side at will.
Fortunately for you that is normally our weak side. The drug addict on our right have been crap and Saele dont do much on his own. Calabria have improved plenty though.

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
IIRC, last time you called a game Derby di Corona, we got smacked (Juventus).

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too..

This means you didn't read my post :( shame on you, Firdy.

We might be missing a 9th player after the 6 out with corona, the injured Vecino and the suspended Sensi..

Report: Alexis Sanchez injury concern
Football Italia

There are reports in Chile that Inter forward Alexis Sanchez suffered a potentially serious muscular injury.

The 31-year-old scored in both World Cup qualifiers against Uruguay and Colombia.

However, according to ADN Radio in Chile, he had a muscular problem during the second match.
leaves him in doubt for Saturday’s Derby della Madonnina against Milan.

There are even suggestions it could rule Sanchez out of upcoming Inter clashes with Borussia Monchengladbach and even next month’s Chile fixtures.

---

He completed the game and said he was fine afterwards, may be tests showed something..

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
IIRC, last time you called a game Derby di Corona, we got smacked (Juventus).
Luckily the universe is not a giant Disney movie centred around your, my or Ahmed's lives where every decision we make has a disproportionately large influence on the universe at large.

The game will take place thousands of miles away from our homes among 30 players whose lives have never and will never be affected by any choice you or I make in any scenario. Anyone who thinks otherwise should be locked away in a mental institution for a very long time so as to protect society at large from their insanity....

Thread title stays as is.

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Don't get upset or angry with what red wrote, O Gods of football scaramanzia. Save us from your wrath, he is simply a misguided soul so forgive him.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
23,964 Posts
i'm fine with the thread title. But the asshole who started the thread left the kickoff time out of the opening post.

The match starts at 18.00 CET. So beware that it's not a late game.

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Glad it isn't a late kickoff. African CL semi is a late kickoff so I can watch both.

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Exclusive: Pagliuca warns Inter about Milan
Football Italia
2 Days Ago

Gianluca Pagliuca speaks exclusively to Football Italia revealing his Derby della Madonnina superstitions and warning Inter that today’s Milan has ‘no weak points.’

One of Italy’s most iconic goalkeepers, Pagliuca holds an incredible record for the Milan derbies: he’s never lost one in his career. With 592 Serie A appearances to his name, the 53-year-old is the fifth player with the most top flight Italian games.

“I know how important the derby is in Milan and I am pleased I didn’t lose any of them,” he exclusively tells Football Italia.

We prepared all the games in the same way. I felt it a lot, it was an important game, we all knew that. There were 80,000 fans at the San Siro, but there were no differences in the way we prepared.

“I had, however, some superstitions. I used to wear the same gloves and shoes from the Sunday before if we had won.”

Do Milan have any weak points in your opinion?

“They don’t have many. Maybe they are missing a strong back-up striker to [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic, who will play, but is not 100 per cent fit. There would be [Ante] Rebic, but he is still injured.

“Maybe they are not complete upfront, but they have a great team and [Stefano] Pioli has done a great job. You have to give credit to [Paolo] Maldini, they made a good team without spending too much money.”

·
Registered
60,414 Posts
Stolen/copied from FI

"Milan are currently going through a highly positive period under Stefano Pioli and are unbeaten in 15 League games and are yet to concede a goal in Serie A 2020-21."

Unbeaten in 15, no goals conceded this season (Benevento scored 2 against us..)

Like I said, I would take a draw from tomorrow. There will be 34 league games afterwards, long season ahead and our first 4 fixtures have had 3 good teams: Fiorentina, Lazio and Milan.

·
Registered
45,468 Posts
Don't get upset or angry with what red wrote, O Gods of football scaramanzia. Save us from your wrath, he is simply a misguided soul so forgive him.
😄

1 - 20 of 151 Posts