Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's early, but I have a busy week. So I'll get my thoughts on here early.

It should be a good game. The two teams who started slowest out of the tens expected to make an impression this season. But both now looking in good form.

We dominated them twice last season, the 5 goal thrashing at home was arguably our best performance of the season. Of course we ended up losing the away game somehow. Pace and directness of their forward line caused us problems in that game. We look far more capable of dealing with that now.

At home, it's a game I think we should win.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
It's never too early :D

Have Wolves got any players on international duty like us?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Edwards always has a good game against us.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Coming soon to channel 416 sky sports Derby County.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Wonder if Bryson can fight his way back into the team, and when Hughes eventually comes back what's our strongest midfield?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Thorne, Johnson and Hughes could be dreamy.

Butterfield, Hendrick and Bryson as back up is crazy, most teams in this league would love that as first choice, and that's not even mentioning Hanson.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It would be great to see Johnson and Will playing in front of George in a three. Think there games would complement each other so well.

At the moment it seems Jeff is playing Wills role. Though I think Jacob Butterfield is more the type of creative player, similar to Will, but he hasn't fully settled in yet I don't think.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Thorne = the quarter back
Johnson = the box to box Machine
Hughes =the technical genius

What a midfield :proud:

I like Butterfield, but I think after the last game Hendrick keeps his place replacing the missing Hughes.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Will go into the top 6 with a win tomorrow.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Expecting a really tough game. Wolves will be difficult to break down, and good on the counter attack.

I'm predicting a draw, 1-1 Martin to score our goal.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
TEAM NEWS

Derby defender Jason Shackell and midfielder Bradley Johnson have both recovered from their respective injuries and are available.
England Under-21 midfielder Will Hughes remains sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament injury.
Wolves defender Ethan Ebanks-Landell has suffered a broken foot and could be out for up to a month.
Midfielder Dave Edwards is available for selection following his knee injury.

MATCH FACTS

Derby's 5-0 win against Wolves in November 2014 ended a run of nine home games without a victory against them (D4 L5).
After scoring 15 goals in five league games at Derby between 2002 and 2009, Wolves have failed to find the net in their last two.
Tom Ince has scored in each of his last three league appearances for Derby, this after failing to net in his previous seven.
Only Watford's Odion Ighalo (21) and Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes (19) have netted more English league goals in 2015 than Wolves' Benik Afobe (18).
The Rams are unbeaten in their last five in league competition, winning four (D1).
Wolves have found the net in 11 of their last league 12 matches on the road.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Fancy us to turn them over 3-1 Martin, Ince and Wiemann from the bench.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts