Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brentford played last night, so we have the advantage of extra preparation again.

They lost 2-0 to Birmingham, so no immediate impact from the change of manager. Will be good to see Lee Carsley and Paul Williams coming back to Derby. I'm sure they will get a warm reception.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
George Thorne is fit and available again, good news. Does seem it could be like this for a while though. Play a game or two and then miss a game or two.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
They seem to be doing a good job of wrapping Thorne up in cotton wool, so when he does play he has mostly completed the game. He can't have ever done a full season can he?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Seems that Thorne needs managing to get the most games out of him. We need him in the team as much as possible, but no point risking a long term injury.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Interesting that Lee Carsley has straight away said he doesn't want the job permanently. A bit strange to appoint until the end of the season then. Brentford look to be in a bit of a mess to me.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Clement needs to win this game, and in some style too and start tuning the opinion of the doubters.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bryson has had some injections in his knee and won't train for 2 weeks. Think we'll see Hughes back before him.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
They seem to be doing a good job of wrapping Thorne up in cotton wool, so when he does play he has mostly completed the game. He can't have ever done a full season can he?
Seems as you can't be arsed to look it up...

14 games for Portsmouth in the 2011/12 season. He must have been 18 at the time.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Yeah, Brentford look a shadow of the team from last season. I'm
Going for a 3-0 Bent, Ince and Johnson.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Big crowd expected as usual, club stated over 29000 expected at least, and that with only 900 expected from Brentford.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I see some predictions for Bent to score, wonder if we will see the team that finished the last game start this one. That's what I would like to see.

Predict a 1-0 win, Ince to score.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is be happy to see that team start to be honest. There will probably be a couple of changes to it though.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The club has told fans to have their cameras ready for half time, they have a surprise.

Rumour is it is either the return of Ewie or a visit from Uncle Carlo

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Hopefully it's Ancelloti then.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts