Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool fans are legendary for their knowledge of the game and their generosity to visiting clubs and this fact wasn't lost on Derby County when they were relegated at Anfield.

KD Pearson, Club Secretary of Derby County, sent this message to Liverpool Football Club:

On behalf of everyone at Derby County Football Club I would like to pass on to your supporters our appreciation for the wonderful reception given to the players and our supporters at the end of the game on Saturday 20th April.
It was an extremely sad and emotional day for us all, but the friendship and the warmth of your supporters helped us tremendously. We will all miss coming to your fine club, but I promise we will be back.

Best wishes and good luck in teh future to your Chairman, Directors, Manager, Players and of course your magnificent supporters.

Yours sincerely

KD Pearson
Club Secretary

Derby County

Well, this includes us... ;)
I am proud to be a Liverpool supporter, do you?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
In fact, this season we sent two teams down at Anfield. Derby and later Ipswich. A few years ago, the fighting spirit of Derby and Ipswich would have undo us a bit, but under GH, we are getting the ruthless streak back against the average clubs. Sad to say, for them at least, this is the Liverpool we love to watch.;)

Of course, the hospitality of the Anfield crowd is well-known throughout Europe, let alone in Britain.:) And these would include all of us.

paw;)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I was at Anfield this season against Leicester..

We won and when I was waiting for the bus after the match at the bus stop, we came across a few Leicester supporters...

They were almost resigned to being relegated.. and shouted across to us to win the premiership and not let [email protected]*king Manyoo win. They also applauded us and shouted that Liverpool has the best fans in the world

All these things make me really proud to be Liverpool supporter...

You'll Never Walk Alone

·
Registered
516 Posts
At the end of the Ipswich game us and the Ipswich fans applauded each other. That was great to see, especially after we'd thumped them. Good to know they had no hard feelings.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Yasir said:
:)

Reading that simply makes me prouder and prouder :)

You'll never walk alone :)
How about this then mate???

Liverpool's supporters have been hailed as the best fans in the top flight by a Premier League panel.
The fans' league table was calculated using matchday ratings compiled by official observers at every Premiership match.
Each set of supporters in the division were awarded a mark out of 10 for their conduct during a game, with good behaviour, atmosphere created and level of sportsmanship among the factors taken into account.
And the Reds fans, who are well known for their sportsmanship and knowledge of the game, accumulated an average score of 8.71.
Ipswich were rated second with a score of 8.50, West Ham got 8.42 in third and Middlesbrough came fourth with a score of 8.39.

--------------------------

:)

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
I am sure Man U fans were last in that rating:tongue:
Btw, if anyone didn't know by now....Derby is my second team in PL, I really want them back:(

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have found scousers to be a most amiable bunch - very similar to the Irish; good humoured, polite and very hospitable...

A lot of me mates went to University in the Uni of Liverpool and I've been over to stay with them quite a bit...
- The only exception was the bastard who threw a bucket of water over me from the fourth storey of a building (I hope it was water anyway) when I was staggering through Liverpool city centre at 4am singing 'The fields of Athenry' at the top of me voice.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Cokane said:
I have found scousers to be a most amiable bunch - very similar to the Irish; good humoured, polite and very hospitable...

What u said is absolutely true.... take this instance: the first time i was there, i was trying to find my way around with a map in hand. Without me having to ask the locals about the places, many of them actually came over and asked me where i would like to go and ... the scousers are a great bunch of people...

I just don't know why there are so much bad things (most of them not true)being said by people from other parts of England about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts