Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Derby County will open their Championship season at home against newly promoted Sheffield Wednesday at home on August 18. Then right away they go away to two of the relegated EPL teams in Bolton and Wolves.

Interestingly, the season will kick off with a Carling Cup clash against Scunthorpe at home, strange decision in having the first competitive match being a cup match only days before the Championship opener

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixture-list/

Premier League side Sunderland will play the Rams in a friendly on August 8th

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Derby drew 1:1 with Sunderland, Tyson scoring a late goal to earn a draw.

Still one more friendly against Chesterfield on Saturday before the season starts on August 14

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow some start to the season, leading 3:0 at halftime, 4:1 in the 60th minute yet concede two goals in the 90th minute and the game ended in a 5:5 draw with Scunthorpe winning on penalty kicks :googly:

I know the League Cup doesn't mean much, buts thats a bad way to enter the new season!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well I guess its however which way you look at the game, sure we scored 5 goals but I'm slightly worried conceding 5 goals to Scunthorpe particularly at home, and with Jake Buxton all of a sudden being promoted to first choice centre half with Keogh worries me also.

Keep in mind he has barely played in the Championship, and before that was playing in the Conference with Burton. I suppose you could also say the same with Keogh, being the centre half in a team that has just been relegated to League one.

I suppose the performances of them both, will serve up wether it was the correct decision to sell Shackell. I know its only one game but I'm fearing that this is a topic that wont go away

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
league opener had a similar story to the cup match a few days ago. Derby get off to a 2:0 lead but then blow the lead with Sheffield Wednesday scoring a 90th minute goal to earn a draw :doh:

Two tough away matches next up; Bolton (midweek) and Wolves

This will be another throw away season, no chance for promotion but I don't think they will be bad enough to relegate

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I actually worry for us, if we get off to a bad start i can see us in real trouble, the defence isnt good enough, selling shackell was insane and having buxton as first hoice despite his nack of scoring is mas, roberts is well past it now as well. we seem to have goals in us which is good, but if we keep giving goals away confidence will soon go.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Derby lose 2:0 to Bolton at the Reebok, deserved win for Bolton. O'Connor and Sammon made their debuts, Sammon only played 69 minutes.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1:1 with Robinson scoring in injury time of the second half. Derby played well from the reports, would have been harsh not to get something out of it

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Derby with their first win of the season, and its an emphatic one, 5:1 over Watford. Sammon scores his first goal for the club

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Derby return from the international break with a 1:0 loss away to Huddersfield after conceding a goal in the first minute

Derby currently 19th, only above the relegation zone on goal difference. Derby have a midweek match at home on Tuesday against fellow strugglers Charlton

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3:2 victory over Charlton, had a 3:0 lead but conceded twice in the second half as Charlton gave the Rams a slight scare. Good win to put Derby in a midtable position for now

Another winnable game on the weekend as Derby host Burnley

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
1-2 v Burnley, took the lead had lots of possesion, but didnt take our chances then caught with 89th minute goal. Disappointing, and my pre season concerns over the defence are looking justified, conceeding far too many goals.

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1:0 victory against a 10-man Forest. Forest were better in the first half but once Blackstock got sent off Derby had control of the game. Bryson scored the only goal, pretty physical game too

Move up to 12th; 3 points behind a playoff and 4 points above the relegation zone which shows how tight the league is

Derby have a tough fixture away to Middlesbrough in midweek

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
solid point at Middlesbrough, late equalizer from Coutts and Robinson had a chance to win it in the 90th minute.

Brighton at home on Saturday...

·
Registered
69,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scoreless draw with Brighton, good enough result I guess, good to keep a clean sheet against one of the in form teams in the league

Derby go into the international break at 13th place, 4 points behind a playoff and 5 above the relegation zone

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Guess we're sort of where we expected to be, clean shhet was good to see against Brighton as the defence is still the biggest concern, despite the late equaliser agaainst boro with better defending we could have easily won the game.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts