Xtratime Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The future of Leverkusen’s Brazilian star Emerson is still in the balance with Roma, Real Madrid and now Deportivo La Coruna all interested in the midfielder.

The player was earlier set on a move to Italy but he now seems more and more interested in Spain.

“I haven’t heard anything from Rome for quite some time. But at Real Madrid I would not need much time to fit in," Emerson said.

“Fellow Brazilians Savio and Roberto Carlos are already playing there".

Madrid has reportedly offered Leverkusen DM70 million (€35m) for Emerson.

But club manager Reiner Calmund would only say: “There are two offers on the table."

But Bayer Leverkusen still want Emerson to see out his contract and Calmund added: “We would love to keep him here. We expect him back after the Brazil games."

Emerson is currently on national duty in the World Cup qualifiers being played in South America.

Meanwhile, 18 year-old Brazilian Marquinhos has started at the club and has ambitious plans.

“I did not come here just to be a pupil. Soa Paulo wanted me but I chose Leverkusen. I am not afraid of all their stars."

Marquinhos has signed a three-year contract at Leverkusen with an option of a further three years.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts