Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deportivo hero Bebeto unimpressed by Irureta
tribalfootball.com - December 1, 2004

Deportivo La Coruna hero Bebeto has admitted he isn't convinced by the coaching of Javier Irureta.

The former Brazil international striker told Marca: "The squad is wonderful. It is very good. Even with a Depor like this one, I would have scored about 40 goals this year.

"Valern, for example, is really a 'crack'. The last season in the Champions League was very good, but this year the results are not happening.

"It is not the team. I do not like how they play. It is very defensive. They try too much and they do not score enough goals.

"For me, I like to see a spectacle."

He added: "President Lendoiro has told me it is very difficult to sign players in Europe because of their tight finances. This is an obvious problem because you need to constantly sign good players to keep the team moving forward and improving."

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
The former Brazil international striker told Marca: "The squad is wonderful. It is very good. Even with a Depor like this one, I would have scored about 40 goals this year.
Mmmh... :groan:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
Deportivo hero Bebeto unimpressed by Irureta
tribalfootball.com - December 1, 2004

Deportivo La Coruna hero Bebeto has admitted he isn't convinced by the coaching of Javier Irureta.

"Valern, for example, is really a 'crack'. The last season in the Champions League was very good, but this year the results are not happening.

"It is not the team. I do not like how they play. It is very defensive. They try too much and they do not score enough goals.

"For me, I like to see a spectacle."

He added: "President Lendoiro has told me it is very difficult to sign players in Europe because of their tight finances. This is an obvious problem because you need to constantly sign good players to keep the team moving forward and improving."
Super-Depor v.1.0 wasn't very nice either. Arsenio's team was very defensive too. But 40 goals... I think that he exagerates a bit. :googly:

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Well Irureta has never really been the most adventerous coach and he still managed to get results with great performances but i kind of agree with Bebeto. I think its time for Irureta and Depor to split up, the guy gave it his all and just has no more ideas.

Not scoring in the CL is disgraceful for a team of Depor's quality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts