Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys its been confirmed, Depor wants Viduka if Tristan leaves. The question here is, WHY!?!:tongue:

Depor boss wants Viduka
Sportal

Deportivo La Coruna manager Javier Irureta has confirmed he wants to sign Leeds and Socceroos striker Mark Viduka if the club is forced to sell Diego Tristan, according to the News of the World.

Speculation has it that Roma will secure the signing of Spanish international striker Tristan for around £20million ($A54million) this summer and should that go ahead, Irureta has made it clear Viduka will be his top target as his replacement.

"Viduka is a class player and I want him in my side," Irureta said.

"If we sell Diego Tristan, I will move for him.

"We can't keep Tristan here if he wants to go. (Fabio) Capello has told me that he likes Tristan very much."

Ironically, less than 12 months ago, Roma was being touted as the next destination for Viduka but it now seems as though that interest has subsided.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
My internet crashed over the weekend so I haven't been on in two days :eek:
Anyway, Viduka is a good playmaker and a top striker, that is why he is wanted by Depor. Strange that Viduka isn't being tuted by Roma anymore.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know!!! Montella is on fire!!! The little aeroplane is the best striker in Italy atm, I would love to see him at Leeds...:tongue:

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Enough of these freaking oneliners now. :yawn::D

That someone actually wants Viduka is a moment we can´t slip out of our hands. I´m sure they are bidding some good money on Viduka, and then we should agree right away. I seriously hope Risdale and O`Leary won´t start negotiating for a higher price, because we should just be happy with the money we can get from him.

He´s been crap this season and it scares me a little that he has started scoring now. Perhaps we will keep him after this season? :rolleyes:
Nah,sell Viduka and use the money on some real good central midfielder (since McPhail seems to be neglected and Batty sucks), because any strikers are probably not needed with Bridges hopefully returning too.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well I really would hate to see it happen but I think Viduka will be leaving within the next year...but we should manage with Fowler, Keane, Smith and Bridges!
Diego Tristan for Mark Viduka sounds quite nice...but Tristan probably wouldn't approve...he'd probably want to go somewhere like Real Madrid...

Jimmy is right. We need someone with that creative spark in midfield, like a Zidane or aFigo...

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, someone like Francesco Totti! But I doubt Roma will get rid of there long time Captain and best player.:tongue: Now, I have said alot of stuff about wanting Duke's to leave but I think that now he might be alright.:rolleyes: If Mark Viduka was to stay we would have to get rid of at least one striker. We have 5 with Bridges comming back. Viduka, Smith, Keane, Fowler, Bridges. One of them has to go, and Duke's would real in the most money I think. Look's like he would be number one to go if it does come down to that.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DYER! But NC won't sell him for nutin. He is really good, I watched him vs Charlton and he is on fire. He would be a good buy and Leeds have been speculating over him for quite some time. Maybey him, but we need someone who would come to Leeds. Anybody know anybody? Maybey and Irish lad from the Irish League. I'll look into it and see who might be suitable...

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
We were going after him during the summer, but Newcastle won't sell. Emerton isn't really considered a playmaker is he? Arsenal's Edu is a brilliant passer, but they won't sell (fine with me ;) ) Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Richie Baker. He is a nice young player with a bright future. Plays for Shelbourne Rovers in the Eircom League of Ireland and is a wide midfielder. He can play right or left and was PFAI Young Player of the Year for the season 1999/2000. He plays for Rep. Ireland Under 21's aswell. A good prospect for the Leeds Squad...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well, if Shelbourne Rovers will be willing to sell him or even let him join us on loan I will be interested in him...
Also Sumon Johnson is an excellent player on Champ Manager and I went to watch him in the reserves...he really is something special and at just 18 years of age a very hot prospect for the future....

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm sure if DO showed intrest in him they would consider letting him put on a loan. We got some great players in the Leeds reserves. I hope we will be seeing them come through to the first team soon...

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Here are the best ones....
  • Harpal Singh (AML)
  • Jamie McMaster (AM)
  • Simon Johnson (FLC)
  • Steven Ferguson (MR)
  • Shane Cansdell-Sheriff (DC)
  • Frazer Richardson (DLC)
  • Shaun Allaway (GK)
  • Robbie Shields (FC)
  • Paul Keegan (SC)
Probably a few more but I can't think of any at the moment...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.