Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done deal.

Really caught the eye in the Euros, solid signing and hardly expensive if it's for the reported 12-15mill.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DUMFRIES TO INTER A ‘DONE DEAL’

Denzel Dumfries

Inter have reportedly reached an agreement with PSV Eindhoven and are set to sign Denzel Dumfries for €12m plus €2.5m in bonuses.

SportItalia reports the Nerazzurri have closed a deal with the Eredivisie side after pushing for the last 48 hours.

Sky Sport Italia confirms the ‘done deal’ between the Beneamata and PSV, and reveals Denzel is on the verge of completing a move to Inter. He could arrive in Italy for his medical today.

The full-back, set to replace Achraf Hakimi, seems perfect in Simone Inzaghi’s 3-5-2 formation and Inter are set to pay €12m plus €2.5m in bonuses to secure his services.

The two parties are, according to SportItalia exchanging documents, and Dumfries could travel to Italy within the next few hours.

The Dutch full-back, capped 23 times by Holland, arrived at PSV in July 2018 and has played 124 competitive games, contributing 16 goals and 20 assists since joining from Heerenveen.

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

De Vrij will help him settle

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photoshopping in full force

·
Administrator
53,532 Posts
Man his mock name will write itself if he flops, or he has a wtf bad game.

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Insanely cheap price - Marotta making water into wine after being sh*t on by #SungingOut

Haven't seen enough of him to judge, but let's hope for the best. I heard is offensive game is patchy. Modest assists record in the Eredivisie

·
Registered
47,629 Posts
Hakimi is the best RWB on the planet rn but Dumfries is the best possible replacement on paper and Marotta made sure he got his guy.

I haven't followed him that closely but from what I've seen, he can regularly beat his man and put in those low crosses. I'm not sure how rehearsed this is but I notice that, before the cross, he looks to the open player to fool everyone and then hits it to another dude, usually the main striker. The important thing is that he seems to be wily, which is only a good thing. He doesn't have Hakimi's pace - how many players do? - but he has a better heading ability for sure.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Pretty damn good signing from what I’ve seen

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,954 Posts
After the Dzeko transfer Zhang asked Inzaghi "you want Dumfries with that"?

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
Can't say I'm too confident - every Dutch player has flopped at Inter except Sneijder (Seedorf, Bergkamp, Jonk, van der Meyde) and I'm amazed no EPL team wanted Dumfries at that insanely low price....

He looks technically poor (bad control, dribbling, generally poor decision making on the ball) from the couple of videos I've looked at ... but I hope he proves me wrong immediately. Otherwise Darmian will be the starter.

Reactions: stefan9

·
Registered
47,629 Posts
I wouldn't say Seedorf flopped. More like things were mostly woeful around him...poor ball retention and limited verticality (Zanetti always the exception) didn't make him look great. But in general, his actions were good and it was a sin to offload him. The fact that he became great overnight when he went to Milan should tell you all you need to know. If he was in Conte's system from last season, he'd be destroying fools left and right with his eyes closed.

·
Registered
34,797 Posts
One of the very best group stage players in the Fantasy Euros!

As for reality, can go either way, I guess...

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DUMFRIES FLYING IN FOR INTER MEDICAL AFTER PSV DEAL

PSV Eindhoven wing-back Denzel Dumfries is flying out to Italy today, where he’ll have his Inter medical tomorrow after a deal worth €12m plus another €2.5m in bonuses was struck.

Sportitalia transfer expert Alfredo Pedullà was confident of the figures and the timing last night, and those same details are now being confirmed by many other sources, including Sky Sport Italia.

Dumfries is expected to arrive in Milan this evening, so he can rest up and have his medical in the morning and sign the contract with his new club.

The right-back is under contract with PSV until June 2023, but has made it clear for months he wanted to leave and Inter were his first choice.

With two goals and four assists in 23 senior caps for the Netherlands, Dumfries is effectively the replacement for PSG-bound Achraf Hakimi.

The 25-year-old can play as a right-back or in a more advanced right-wing-back role, suited to Simone Inzaghi’s 3-5-2 formation.

·
Registered
18,337 Posts
He's a charismatic player and the price is a no-brainer. Sure he may not have all the skill in the world but he is clearly a better athlete than most wing backs in the league. Wait until you can compare Di Marco's and Dumfries' sprints. :p

·
Registered
66,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
VIDEO: DUMFRIES ARRIVES FOR INTER

Denzel Dumfries has landed in Milan and will have his Inter medical tomorrow, completing the transfer from PSV Eindhoven for €12m plus bonuses. ‘I’m very happy.’

He was greeted at the Linate Airport by reporters and told them he was looking forward to this next step in his career.
“I’m very happy, of course. I’m ready. Hungry.”

The 25-year-old right-back can also play as a wing-back on the right, suited to Simone Inzaghi’s 3-5-2 formation.

He is effectively the replacement for Achraf Hakimi, who was sold to PSG for €60m plus bonuses.

Sportitalia, Sky Sport Italia and others are all confident the transfer will cost €12m plus up to another €2.5m in add-ons.

Dumfries has two goals and four assists in 23 senior caps for the Netherlands.

·
Registered
47,629 Posts
This move may make @Boyo more sympathetic to Inter. We have De Vrij but Boyo probably isn't too pleased with the way that transfer happened. Oh, but then there's the way Simone came over too. So maybe things cancel themselves out. 😐

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,954 Posts
Oh, it goes way beyond that. Mancini, Mihajlovic, Stankovic, ... probably some others too that I can't quite recall. All of whom performed poorly at Lazio and then suddenly had a massive change in form the instant they stepped on the field at Inter. But I don't blame the club for that, and actually I'm quite sympathetic towards Inter, I blame the players. And it's not just those who went to Inter. The same things holds true with Nesta and, the worst one of them all, Nedved.

Reactions: Firdaus
1 - 20 of 59 Posts