Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today Morten Olsen named the squad for this game. Stig Tøfting and Martin Jørgensen are out with injuries.

Keepers: Peter Kjær (Aberdeen), Thomas Sørensen (Sunderland)

Defence: Thomas Frandsen (Viborg), Jan Heintze og Kasper Bøgelund (both PSV Eindhoven), Rene Henriksen (Panathinaikos), Niclas Jensen (Manchester City), Martin Laursen og Thomas Helveg (both Milan), Martin Albrechtsen (FC København), Steven Lustü (Lyn)

Midfield: Allan Nielsen (Watford), Christian Poulsen (FC København), Brian Steen Nielsen (Malmo) Jan Michaelsen (Panathinaikos), Claus Jensen (Charlton), Per Frandsen (Bolton), Thomas Gravesen (Everton)

Attack: Jesper Grønkjær (Chelsea), Peter Løvenkrands (Glasgow Rangers), Peter Madsen (Brøndby), Dennis Rommedahl (PSV Eindhoven), Ebbe Sand (Schalke 04), Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord)

Now there are some things I have to comment here. Steven Lustü??? I thought we had finaly gotten rid of him but it seems I was wrong. I really can't see him playing at this level at all and surely not when Henriksen is there - the two of them are too much alike as types but ofcouse Henriksen is in a different class.

As if that wasn't enough, I am absolutely stunned that Brian Steen is in the squad!! Right now I can't think of a defensive midfielder who is worse than him, and if people have forgotten exactly how bad he is they should just take a look at the Ireland game.

Anyway, I guess we will see a decent Danish performance in the game against Isreal since the team and some individual players surely have something proove after the embarasing performance in Ireland.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ane, you beat me to it, in double meaning here, as I wanted to make this thread, AND I wanted to dizz M&M's decision to keep Lystig and Bull SH!T Nielsen in the squad, they honestly don't have the class :mad:. What I think is really great to see here, is that former FCK player Per Frandsen and brilliant midfielder Claus Jensen have joined, aswell as the fact that they've finnaly realized Dolf Lundgren's class. Dolf is a true class defender, and I'm very positive about him after seing him play so ever solid game after game for FCK :).

Btw guys, it's 2-1 to FCK, both here and in the Swedish NT as we've got Debilstedt and Tomalius, and you've got Svensson. And while Mads Jørgensen has been 'degraded' to the U21 team, Madsen luckily stayed, just as we got Dolf called up as I mentioned before, with Poulsen staying in the squad. You 'only' have Psycho so it's 2-1 ;).

I'm predicting a 2-0 win, in a rather boring game, with Frandsen (*hopeful*) and Ebbe as the scorers :).

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooops!!! I forgot to give my usual speech about Per Frandsen.

Now that is a players who has had way too many chances in the NT without ever proving his worth. I have long since reached the point where I just don't think he will ever make an impact in the NT, so naturally he shouldn't be there. Furthermore he is not efficient enough in the defensive work to replace Graver or Tøffe and he is not creative enough to replace Jon Dahl. Even if he by some miracle should play well in the NT I don't see where he fits in the team/tactic.

·
Registered
710 Posts
IMO almost anyone is good enough to replace JD tommason!! :eekani: I CANT STAND THAT GUY!!! if he misses another 188%chance I'll personly send M&M a VERY upset e-mail(if possible) and force them to make JD train his finnishing! :mad:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I love Jon Dahl, I love his fighting skills, and what are you talking about with his finishing? Ok, he's missed some majors like the one against France at EC00, but he's scoring almost every weekend for Feyenoord :). I think he's very important, and after all, he HAS scored quite a few goals for Denmark, 13 in 36 games.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Kee19 said:
I know!
But as the Feyenoord coach said:
He thinks he's one of the best players in Dutch football but the truth is he's just a ordinary everyday player ...or something like that!
Yes I've heard the same, but from the Feyenoord fans.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well if he's so average, I guess the Eresdivisie is aswell, because he keeps knocking them in. How can the Feyenoord fans not appreciate such a player, I mean, Grauelund f.ex was without much skill IMO, but he knocked them in and was therefore loved.. right? The difference between these guys is just that Jon keeps knocking them in, on International level, and he's got more power and skill than Grauelund will ever get.

Thinking about it, FCK also beat Ajax out of the UEFA cup, and even though that was in November, the tournament was on at that time and they're the current number one.

·
Registered
710 Posts
If you think that, then we must have WAY different ways of, seeing football?! :eek:

Tommason doesnt IMO KNOCK in goals??! he taps them in!
Graulund HAMMERED in goals! and he was an attacker! Tommason is playing like a attacking midfielder(the way I see it) and he is VERY good at seeing oppotunityes, I'll give him that. But he just misses 4/5(exaduration forthdraws attention) and that's just too many chances for a pro footballer IMO!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
DBOY said:
I mean, Grauelund f.ex was without much skill IMO, but he knocked them in and was therefore loved.. right?

...he's got more power and skill than Grauelund will ever get.

Thinking about it, FCK also beat Ajax out of the UEFA cup, and even though that was in November, the tournament was on at that time and they're the current number one.
Graulund wasn't that great either. Okay he scored some very nice ones in between(Home against AaB, away against AB:eek::star:!). I loved him because of the huge passion he showed for the club and us, the fans. He was also a true fighter, who some times made some awfull shots(actually a bit like Sule:D)

More skilled than Graulund. Well yes!

The last part is just not what we're talking about:wth: But if you want to then I will say that FCK were lucky to play Ajax, when Ajax were in a small crisis. Although FCK were the clear winners in play and goals in both matches I see them as a bit lucky.

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well first of all concerning Jon Dahl. I love the guy and at the same time he annoys me enormously! I love is deep runs and his understand with Ebbe Sand but I can't stand the number of chances he misses. It seems like he can only score on the difficult chances, the ones where he has time to think, he is bound to miss. I can't see anyone doing a better job in that position though!

Anyway the squad has been cut down woth two players. Claus Jensen has picked up yet another injury and has gone home. It is worrying that he keeps getting injured like that because the way I see it he is an important part of the team for the WC - not as a starter though, but good back-up is also important.

Martin Albrechtsen will play in the U-21 side tonight. He wouldn't get any playing time tomorrow anyway so he might as well help the youngsters out. Morten Olsen has emphasised though that it has no influence on his chances to make to the WC.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I could be the defensive midfielder, and I'd make records making my Guardiola kind of passes for you to score on :strong: :D. Go home Tøffe, Flösser's taking over!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I hope that in this game that Peter Lovenkrands gets a decent amount of playing time and when he comes on the rest of the players actually use him. In the last game against Ireland he was hardly passed to, especially when there is a cheatah waiting to be released:)

·
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is more than likely that Løvenkrands will get a fair amount of playing time in this game. The two starting wingers are likely to be Rommedal and Grønkjær but the latter has some injury probelms and I am sure that he wont play 90 minutes tonight.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts