Xtratime Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow will Denmark and England meet in one of the 1/8 finals. The match is played at Niigata Stadium in Japan.

Both teams have played a good World Cup and are deservedly through from the first round.

Denmark have surprised a lot by positive play along good results as the amazing 2-0 win against the World and European champions France. England have also played good and won against favourites Argentina.

Both teams are full of confidence and ready to give 110%, but who'll go through to the quarters?

Well I know who I'm on ;) ... Vi er røde, vi er hvide!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Well so do I, and therefore I'll be to find in Parken tommorow, drinking Carlsberg with a few mates of mine :happy:! I hope there'll be plenty to party for afterwards, I know there will because we've already come a long way :). I'm guessing on a 2-1 win for us, with JDT and Tøffe on a penalty.

Are you thinking the same as me, that it would be the perfect warmup for the game if we could see Germany lose to Paraguay early morning?

D'he Don - Da-square of 81-EL.....the Dee man.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I also have a really great feling about this match cuz England hasn't really impressed me sofar.

But since England has so great individualists it will be a close match. Denmark can't prevent Beckham from scoring on a free-kick. We just have to hope that he won't cuz we can't prevent it.

I think that the 2 most importent players in this match will be Rommedahl and Laursen. Ashley Cole is from what i have seen a very offensive back and if he gets to brave i belive he will only see Rommedahls back. This will probably happen a few times, and if Gravesen or Tøffe distibutes the balls correctly then England will fell his pace and we will score.

As for Laursen there is no doubt that he will be importent. He is the rock and he can match Heskey in headers and Owen in pace. He is a great defender and i hope that we womehow will clone him over the night and field 2 of him:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
I know I wont get much sleep tonight. Before important matches I go into a different state - I am getting nervous and smoke way too many cigarettes...

Something nags me about this match even more than others. People in Denmark are way to confident that England will be no contest. It will be a very hard match to get through - imagine the scoreline 1-1 and England gets a corner or a freekick just outside the box... Beckham steps up..... and sends Denmark home.

I just hope that IF we go out we'll go out on a positive note - this gotta be one of "those matches never to forget" no matter the result!

I hope England underestimate us cos then we'll win for sure. Sven Göran is a great coach but I doubt he can make it clear to the English "popstars" that they shouldn't do that.

England - the favourites

Denmark - the underdogs

The NT has done us proud. A win tomorrow and euphoria will start for real. Would like that :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Still though Rasmus, I'm a bit worried with their attackers because Henriksen doesn't have the pace to stop Owen, and he can't match Heskey in his aerial play. So since Laursen can't handle both at the same time, there will inevitably gappen something along the way, let's just hope Tommy boy continues his great form :).

I also thought about Rommedahl getting space. It'll also be interesting to see wether Grønkjær can take out Mills on the other wing. At least he's faster ;).

Daniel

·
Registered
765 Posts
Everything was destroyed by Sørensen's drop... England will be a better opponent against Brasil than Denmark!

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Well, didn't Drillo say Denmark's defense would ruin their chances of getting very far in the WC? ;)

A shame really, defensive errors decided the game. IMO, Denmark is a much stronger side than England, but at least Brazil will have an easier way to the semi's now.

Sorry to see Denmark leave the tournament already. One of the most entertaining teams to watch. At least we'll see you again in the Euro qualifying :)

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Bad luck Denmark. It just didn't go right when Sorenson dropped the ball. I think you should be happy with your achievements though. To finish on top of one of the toughest group with 7 points and undefeated is a great achievement. Denmark will be there at Euro 2004 and in Germany 2006 ;)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jinxter said:
Well, didn't Drillo say Denmark's defense would ruin their chances of getting very far in the WC? ;)

Sorry to see Denmark leave the tournament already. One of the most entertaining teams to watch. At least we'll see you again in the Euro qualifying :)
Drillo, I just hate that man. Okay I admit that his style of football was at times very efficient, BUT VERY destructive. I heard him at SV1 or something saying that he didn't believe in Denmark at all. This was before the France game I think. And yes he said we had a bad defence, which could ruin our chances. Well we won against France and even though our tactic very much reminded of his past jobs with Norway. But I was glad to see that we went back to our normal 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. If that was what lost us the match is hard to say, but I think it would have been a totally different match if Thomas Sørensen hadn't fumbled.

Yes the Euro 2004 qualifiers will be very interesting ;).

·
Registered
765 Posts
4 players retire

Tøfting - thanks for always giving 100 %

Brian Steen Nielsen - bye you wont be missed

Peter Kjær - Bad luck Scmeichel, Krogh and Sørensen were better.

And to the one who had the most gloryfull career at the NT.

Jan Heintze - Bye Captain - you served your country well!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts