·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the story is he getting transfered or staying in the second divison

B

·
0 Posts
Same question goes for Alfonso. Does anyone have any news?
PS Inter: Denilson was linked with Barcelona not too long ago.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
A Betis spokesman said officilly that Alfonso is not for sale and that the club is not negotiating with anyone about him.He sid that if someone wants to get Alfonso he has to pay his clause which is an enormous amount of money.Alfonso however does not agree and he wants to leave so he asked through his father from the club "not to make leaving more difficult than already is".The suspicion is that if Savo Milosevic leaves Zaragoza,Alfonso will be his replacement.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Marseille wants to loan Betis for one year from Betis.

According to Marca newspaper, Marseille have offered Betis £1.9m for one season but it is said that Betis wants to sell him.

He is still under contract till 2008 and he does not want to play in second division. Betis also wants to cut their massive wage bill.

New manager Carlos Abel Braga would like to have Denilson and especially if Robert Pires leaves this summer !

B

·
0 Posts
Thank you for the Alfonso news, Amoroso. Let´s wait and see where he will play in the 2000/2001 campaign...

I also heard that OM wants to lend Denilson for one season. Would be an interesting move.

D

·
0 Posts
Napoli offered £12m for Denilson, but Betis rejected the offer. :confused:

How much do they want then?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I think they want much more :)

Didn't Betis pay more then the double then what Napoli offered when they bought him ?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Wasn't Denilson a world record transfer fee a few years back. Napoli have no chance. I think Denilson will jion Barca for a year on loan until Betis get back in the Premiere league.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm pretty sure a team will be dumb enough to buy the hog (sorry to Denilson fans)he will be sold for around 15-18 mil and it wouldn't surprice me if a team called inter boughthim not!!!!!!!!!! maybe barca

FORZA CHILE
LONG LIVE INTER

·
Registered
63 Posts
Denilson. Probably, wrong! He IS the most qverrated player around.
Betis made the worst deal any club has done EVER.
He is Albacete or Pistolese material. Or OFI Creete or Halmstad, or Brighton or St Mirren or Caen or...

D

·
0 Posts
Napoli are set to make an increased bid the president also saying "we can afford his wages".If Napoli fail in their next bid they may turn their attention to Galca who they can pick up on a free transfer.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Playing in the Vietnamese league now :D

Former Brazil international Denilson, once the world's most expensive footballer, has agreed to play for a mid-table Vietnamese side.

Denilson was capped 61 times and became the world's most expensive player when he moved left Sao Paulo for Spanish side Real Betis for £21.5m in 1998.

It said Denilson had his first practice session with the team yesterday. African, European and Asian players have become common in the competition, but one of the 31-year-old's stature is a rarity for Vietnamese football.

"I don't know anything about Vietnamese football," Denilson told Thanh Nien, adding that football is the same everywhere. "I come to Vietnamese football with my passion."

Denilson also played in the France 1998 Final, which Brazil lost to the host nation. Earlier this year he was on trial with English Premier League side Bolton Wanderers, after being without a club since his release from Palmeiras.

Denilson's European club career never really flourished, despite spending seven seasons in Spain followed by a spell at French side Bordeaux. He also turned out for Saudi Arabian outfit Al Nasr and FC Dallas in the USA.

Hai Phong Cement are currently sixth in the 14-team V-League.

http://www.lookatvietnam.com/2009/06/world-cup-winner-to-play-for-hai-phong.html

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1065219.html

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
what a fall from grace.... if you cant cut it in the mls, theres not much hope for you...

D

·
0 Posts
He could still well in certain European leagues if he wasn't such a prima donna.

One of the greatest wastes of talent in football history. He had to potential to be one of the greatest left wingers of all time and messed it up.

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
actually, he is crap. Awful passing, awful shooting, some dribbling but much less than he thinks and not vision. Everything that is said about C.Ronaldo by his "haters" is true about denilson.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I have no idea why he turned down offers in Australia for Vietnam. Lifestyle and football wise would have been better, he would have got a lot of publicity over there and I also think financially the offer had to be better.

I still think he could make it in Europe, but I'm surprised how much he has stagnated since moving to Europe. He hasn't got better at all, he still plays like an 18 year old without the speed or fitness.

I do think he had ability going forward. He is technically world class, and can beat players, as well as swing in a nice ball. He is so inconsistent, lazy and he gives the ball away way too much. He still does what most young wingers do in that he dribbles way too much, to the point where he gives it away constantly.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
He played well for clubs until 98, and 2 wonderful world cups..... apart from that he din't do much , but managed to get a fat bank account, shagg tons of women and be a football legend!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts