Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was most impressed with Denilson in the game against Turkey. But I got the impression he's a tendency to hold on to the ball and appeared a little selfish. The few times Roberto Carlos called to him for the ball Denilson appeared to ignore him.

Am I correct in assuming Denilson may be a little selfish in passing the ball?

Any comments would be appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would say, look in the 'Brazil x Turkey' tread...Denílson is discussed over there...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Sometimes he gets carried away.
BUt Denilson is vital for us in this world cup...he will get many players booked and wil draw many of them to him, so when he makes the final pass , our other forwards will have more space.

Also, he picked up a yellow card, so if I'm the manager i would say: "Get in the pitch and make as many dives inthe box as you can";) Pick up another yellow and zeor the "yellow card score" ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I think he has bulked up from World Cup 1998 and with the talent and dribbling skills still there he is unstopabble and will drive any defense wild even on there best day. Too bad Juninho Paulista and Ronaldinho weren't on the pitch as the same time as him because then you would have really been scared of him! :happy:

I wonder why Scolari even took Ronaldinho off... :googly:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Patrick,

I'll tell you why: He was doing nothing.

Socrates: If anything, I thought Cafu played more selfish football (in the 1st half) than Denilson. Sveral times, he was always forcing himself to the outside even after he had beaten his marker and was clear to go forward. Denilson can afford an extra dribble because, for one thing, it's less risky as he has more defensive coverage in RC; second, he's a better dribbler.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think ronaldinhio was taken off cause he was having a horrible game, as the announcer said its probably the lack of experience in such a big match.

I hope so I expect much more and Im sure he will prove his merit against china, and hopefully in the quarterfinals against a stronger team like England or Argentina.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No doubt Denilson is a beautiful footballer! My question is " Why is he not always picked for Brazil's first eleven?:( :confused:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Socrates, because he is very selfish and is often more interested in making fancy dribbles than in producing results. For example, in one instance against China, Denilson went past several Chinese defenders but then wasted all the effort because he dribbled well over the goal-line before remembering to cross the ball. He can be effective - and effectiveness and style are not the same thing - when he enters a match in the second half as a substitute, especially if Brasil is losing. Denilson, however, because of his selfishness and obsession with fany dribbles, becomes useless if he is played an entire match and therefore he should not be a starter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts