Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious as to what you guys would think about this guy at barcelona.. (lets assume the EU passport problem can be solved)

There is less pressure on him personally to lead the club. Ofcourse, there is more pressure to win as a club, but that can be shared. He is already accostomed to the league. Finally this is our weak position. We know he is not as good player as figo.. but we have other players that can playmake.. and with this guy..playing with saviola.. we would be amazing.

I know real betis would want a ton of money for him.. but I think very soon he will be even more expensive...I know there is a stigma to him.. after his first year failure.. but if you look at just this past year.. he's been pretty good.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
i would changes him by overmans

·
Registered
966 Posts
No, thanks, we have enough individualism at Barça with Rivaldo... don't misunderstand me, he's very good, but not the player Barça needs now.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
For the money we would pay for him we can sign another winger. And a better one. Outside Spain, for example.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
no overmars is good, if denilson will come he play in the place of figo :yuck: ;)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Since Denilson is a leftwinger and Figo is a rightwinger, could ypu please explain to me how they play on the same postion?

I would also trade him for the joke called Overmars. But like SP said; there`s enough invidualism in the team already.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
yo robban i think he ment keep overmars so he could play on the right, and denilson on the left....

anyways i dont want denilson, super puyol was absolutely correct he hogs the ball, its not so apparent on tv, but watch him in real life u can hear his own players screaming for the ball...

also maxout, your right it would cost a bundle, betis bought him for a then world record fee, if they sold hjim to barca it would cost, BIGTIME.....

i wanna see the return of wingers to the nou camp, but for me the choice is simple (if still unrealistic!) mendieta on the right, and vincente of the left..

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i would hve him in my team...well there is always some individualism in any team.. but see if you hadntlike riva in the team we wouldnt be in the champions league right now. i think it was his individulaism that made us reach here..dont you think sometimes individualism does wonders to a team..

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don Vito,

I agree completely.. As a famous basketball player once said, Although there is so 'I' in the word 'team'.. there IS in 'win'.

At this point.. the team needs someone that is willing to LEAD. If that means being an individual at certain times.. the its ok.. as long as he works hard and has the respect of his teammates.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Offcourse we, as every team, need a leader. Leadership however has nothing to do with individualism. A leader is someone who standsout in difficult period to encourage the teammates and sets an exampled by working hard for the team. In good periodes you might not even see a leader, but he's there. In other words, the leader is someone who makes the team as a whole better!

With individualism it's different. In that case, one might work hard an play a good game too, but the primary goal is own glory and succes. A team seldomly needs this. And i know some of you now think about Rivo and last years match against Valencia. In that case individualism payed off. But, isn't it true, that this same individualism might have caused us some points in other games that year in which case he just made up for what he scre.wed up earlier?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Don Vito said:
i would hve him in my team...well there is always some individualism in any team.. but see if you hadntlike riva in the team we wouldnt be in the champions league right now. i think it was his individulaism that made us reach here..dont you think sometimes individualism does wonders to a team..
I disagree. If we had played more like a team last year we should have qualified for the Champions long before last match against Valencia. Yes, it was a superb goal from Rivo that qualified us, but if we were in that situation was because our performance that year was horrible.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Super Puyol said:

I disagree. If we had played more like a team last year we should have qualified for the Champions long before last match against Valencia. Yes, it was a superb goal from Rivo that qualified us, but if we were in that situation was because our performance that year was horrible.

my point exactly! Individualism can be an characteristic of a good player, not of a good team!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts