Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC Milan and Parma look for Denilson
For a while he was the most expensive player in the soccer history. Denilson de Oliveira, just known as Denilson, joined in 1998 Betis Seville for around 33 USD million (€31m in those days) with the fame to be the greatest player world wide. His magic left foot amazed everyone, but in Spain he wasn't able to show the performances which make him famous in Brazil.

Now there is the chance Denilson could arrive in Italy in the next season. Despite the absurd rescission clause Betis fixed to let him move away (650 billion lire, €335m!!), it is rather probable the Spanish club could sell him for around 60 billion lire (€31m).

And there are two clubs overall which is thinking seriously to make a bid to take the Brazilian player: AC Milan wants him to replace Zvonimir Boban, while Parma could buy him as substitute of Ortega, who will surely change club.

Especially Parma seems to be a step ahead: Denilson is in their mind for a month yet, and there were already some meetings with his agent Louis Vianna. The main trouble is actually the high salary of the player. But a positive notice is that the player could soon to receive an EC passport.

**************************'

I think this is worrying. Handing out that much money for a player yet to prove himself. Anybody know more about how he has played this year?

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Denilson!!!!???? What's THAT all about?? At that price - it's probably insanity. We're talking about a guy who has virtually disappeared since coming to Europe. That's a little scary... I think. Weird!

Hopefully Tanzi knows something we don't.

Has anyone heard anything positive about Denilson this season??

[This message has been edited by Thuram1 (edited 19-04-2000).]

V

·
0 Posts
guys listen that would be great for Parma if Denilson comes, in Betis he plays crap b'coz they're not as good as Parma, he needs good players around him,

Have u seen him play for Brazil, he plays great football, and he has talent to play great in Italy!

If he comes and plays u'll know what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hmm...Well,I agree with Vlsdz,Denilson plays bad in a bad team.At Parma Denilson will be able to show his talent,and with an EU passport? BRING HIM ON!

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hehehe,Verdi and Thuram1 you better get used to the idea because Tanzi said they laready had some talks with his manager. :)

------------------

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
I dont' know about Denilson's performance in a bad team, all i know is that he was very disappointing in the wc final against France.

I'd agree he has A LOT of room to improve and his footworks are a killer, but spending this amount of money might be a bit risky.

He needs professional dissipline and attitude. From what i remember, i was a ball hog.

·
Registered
421 Posts
he is against our PLAN for the next season
and our formaation if we buy him it is only a waste of many on player will makes troubles for us

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
PLUS he is brazilian,right almeyda? if he was argentinian you would say other things...

Guys,he is a gamble.But he is worth of every risk.He may be a flop,but he may turn to be the best player Parma ever had.Its obvius that he needs one thing to revive his career:A CHANGE.

------------------

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I haven't heard of anything about Denilson this season. I don't have the chance to watch too. When I was still in Hong Kong, I found him entertaining but it seems that he doesn't pass the ball that often (correct me if you find me wrong) and... he has difficulties to face the goal (can't score!)...

I don't think it's a good deal. It's nice to see someone has good skills (e.g. Ortega, right?) in our team... the football games will then be more exciting. However, all the champions (or some team which want to be champions) have to build up a TEAM rather than just find a single "good" individual (and sometimes you can add the word "selfish" here). Maybe I can give an example here? Does anyone here still remember a Bulgarian called Hristo Stoichikov (spellings?)?!

No Denilson please!

------------------
Forza Parma!

Shanie Yau
[email protected]
http://i.am/shanie/

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I hope he does not go to Milan ;) !
As about Stoichkov his season at Parma was a failiure. Though I'm bulgarian I hate him cause his over confidence disappoints me. His Parma season should be forgotten (he never played so poorly for Barca).

P

·
0 Posts
There's no doubt about his talent but he is not the appropriate choice.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
He will come to italy for sure
but it is always milan and parma who is fighting to sign the players

1 - 13 of 13 Posts