Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Demorilising for the future of LFC and demorilising for the fact that he thinks that way.
=============
Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has been talking about his hopes and plans in an exclusive interview in today's Mirror newspaper.

Speaking to Oliver Holt, Houllier gave a sincere account of how he sees the future of the club under him and even commented on speculation that he could become Director of Football at Anfield if moved aside.

Houllier said: "The most important thing for me is the future of this club, not Gerard Houllier.I don't want to be seen as somebody who has spent a lot of money and when he leaves there is no team.

"I can tell you that there is a team here that will succeed and whether that is one, two, three or four years doesn't matter.

"It is the same with Arsene Wenger at Arsenal. He has brought the club a lot of young players and it may not be him that sees the best of them. But never mind. You work for that. You work for the future of the club. So it is not in my mind that I will be regretting if the club goes on to greater glories when I have left. In fact, "I will be very happy if the club continues to be successful.

"In terms of being director of football here, really I don't know. Certainly not at the present moment. It isn't going to happen in the short term but if they wanted me to stay on in some capacity in the future, then of course I would think about it.

""Only time will tell if I will be the manager here for the next three or four years, but that is what I would like because the team we are shaping will get better and better. .

"I want whoever comes after me to be successful because that means the roots that we put down here were strong.

"We have a plan. We know where we want to go and we know it is only a matter of time.

"We are confident that things will happen here. I am a great believer that when the attitude is right and you have got talent and you focus your energy on that talent, at some stage, you get your rewards.

"We have come a long way in my four years in sole charge and in four more years we will make more huge strides. .

"Of course I would like to be here. I want to win the title and it will happen." .

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
"We have come a long way in my four years in sole charge and in four more years we will make more huge strides. .

"Of course I would like to be here. I want to win the title and it will happen." .
umm, I forgot when GH came, in 1998 or he was working with Evans for a season then from 1999 became our coach? :confused:
but anyway, in those so called 'four years' we should've won the 19th league title, what happened is that lucky spell of 1 year & a few months, from when we won the Worthington Cup on penalties, until being knocked out of the CL in the quarter finals against Bayer Liverkusen, in which we could've won on agg. if he didn't make the worst substitution I ever saw in my life, replacing Didi with an attacking midfielder (Smicer) when the score was in our favour. after that until now it's been the same old story, winning a game, losing 2, poor performences, shameful displays in Europe (Basle and Celtic come to mind)
GH must leave.. ASAP, the results that we are getting don't match yhe club's hugh standards, what GH is doing, is lowering our high standards to his own standards, that's assuming that a coach like him has standards in the first place
:rolleyes:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
we had better win at Wolves. but i dont' see it happening, they will be on a High after a win against the Mancs. we're not going to be 5th for long if newcaslte or fulham win.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
we had better win at Wolves. but i dont' see it happening, they will be on a High after a win against the Mancs. we're not going to be 5th for long if newcaslte or fulham win.
mosquitoes never bite twice, they very rarely or NEVER gather two scalps in a row. so, you shouldn't worry, you'll get your win vs Wolves.

as for gh's interview, anybody still have any doubts about the level of decency or the ego this man has ? He's been in sole charge since october 1998, how does this make 4 years??? He would only do and say to suit himself and not the club.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
How exactly does that show ego or his level of decency?

99/00 - 00/01 - 01/02 - 02/03 I make that 4 years (seasons is another matter) plus 4 months (oct/Nov/Dec 98 & Jan 04).

shocking!!!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
King of the Kop said:
"We have come a long way in my four years in sole charge .
as you yourself pointed out he did not say seasons, but years. Now is January 2004, gh's been in "SOLE" charge since October 1998. If we apply a calendar that people commonly use that will make 5 years and 3 months.
But try to explain this to somebody who wont accept math unless it's gh-math, and who's been gh-illiterate.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
lol, just too easy.

:D :D

·
1st Tier Poster
49,284 Posts
You never get rid of him.I predict he's still there in 2010 blabbing some random nonsense in every interview and guiding Liverpool on steady course towards UEFA cup places and League Cup titles.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Andy Christ:
You never get rid of him.I predict he's still there in 2010 blabbing some random nonsense in every interview and guiding Liverpool on steady course towards UEFA cup places and League Cup titles.
In 2010, we will be playing Wrexham in the relegation clanger at Anfield while Houllier, still the gaffer, will tell the press that the retired Sir Alex Ferguson will not make a return and be his successor. Meanwhile, Michael Owen, now a Real Madrid regular, won his 5th La Liga title in a row.

As for Biscan, he has become the player-manager of Telford United after a long and successful career as central defender for Liverpool.

D

·
0 Posts
CardiffRed said:
lol, just too easy.

:D :D
you're right, it's too easy for you to make a fool of yourself

Houllier has been in charge for 5 years and 3 months as was pointed out. that's a simple fact.

If he thinks he's going to be here in 4 years time he's lost the plot completely.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I can predict CR's answer.

Somewhere along the lines of GH first season should not be counted...

D

·
0 Posts
yep, something like that. CR would be better off going back into hiding(also known as Final Football!)

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Lightoller said:

No chance of that happening! He's gonna die on United's bench!:howler:
yeah, wasn't he supposed to retire after the 2002 season? (or the 2001, I don't remember exactly), but anyway, he extended his contract until 2007, I just hope our GH doesn't get such an offer from the board :rollani:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts