Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to The Times, he wasted 10 minutes and 14 seconds of the game against Newcastle. In total he took 25 throw ins and each one took an average time of 24.6 seconds.

It was a mixture of slowly jogging to the location of the throw, drying the ball with his shirt and waiting for the Stoke centre backs to get into the box (who also took their time).

f***ing hell though, 10 minutes

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Well it did him no good in the end, seeing as they scored with nine minutes to go.

Why does it bother you, anyway?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think they should use the tennis serving rule. If a throw in isnt taken within 25 seconds the player should get a booking. So Delap will get a red every game and Stoke will be f*cked.

Everyone applauds Stoke, but in the end they are thw worst football team in the premiership. Even worse than Bolton under Allardyce. Their approach is to ruin football as very few of their goals if any have come from the word that is stated in the name 'football'.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Bolton under Allardyce had Anelka, Diouf, Okocha, Vaz Te etc all good flair players. Stoke are an atrocious football team in every sense. The only "footballer" they have in their side is Matthew Etherington. The rest are a bunch of 6'5' thugs.

Delap, to his credit, was a decent player back in them days. I have nothing against him as such, but Stoke as a club and Tony Pulis are an enemy to football.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Everyone applauds Stoke, but in the end they are thw worst football team in the premiership. Even worse than Bolton under Allardyce. Their approach is to ruin football as very few of their goals if any have come from the word that is stated in the name 'football'.
Do they?

Pretty much any football fan I come across despises them and the way they play football.

Having said that, I think Pulis has been pretty smart with the players he's bought. I think he might just harbor ambitions to play a bit of a football come next season.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Ricardo Fuller is a very skilful player. And footballing your way to stay up against much richer clubs who do it better always works well, just ask WBA.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Ricardo Fuller is a very skilful player. And footballing your way to stay up against much richer clubs who do it better always works well, just ask WBA.
Or Reading, perhaps?

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Or West Ham, or Hull at the start of the season. Footballing your way out of the league is possible.

WBA just happen to have a godawful defence and no strikers. Very unbalanced team.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think they should use the tennis serving rule. If a throw in isnt taken within 25 seconds the player should get a booking. So Delap will get a red every game and Stoke will be f*cked.
easy fix... change the rules so the player closest to the throw in has to take it.

I hate long throw ins and the delay to the game and when you have players jogging from the other end of the field to take a throw in.

Fans should be asking for a partial refund as they don't get to see the whole game properly :rollani: :D

Noticed Phil Brown complained about it too.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/3537017/Hull-City-manager-Phil-Brown-loses-his-rag-over-Stoke-Citys-towel-trickery-Football.html

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Or West Ham, or Hull at the start of the season. Footballing your way out of the league is possible.

WBA just happen to have a godawful defence and no strikers. Very unbalanced team.
Yeah it's ridiculous to suggest that you can't succeed in the Premiership by playing football, after being newly promoted.

In fact, you are much more likely to succeed if you attempt to bring in some technically gifted footballers and play good football.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Shame we have been in free fall since 06/07 :cry:

Haven't played that decent brand of football since
Karma; this is what you get when you play a thug like Hunt in your team.

I actually had a glass of whyskey when you got relegated cause that **** finally got what was comming to him. Because of Chelsea's unpopularity and Mourinho's ill-judged remarks about the amulance response time, the media and other fans gave Hunt a free ride over the whole thing. Despite his prior and post incident form. There is no doubt he meant contact.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

West Ham are a wealthier club than the usual promoted sides.
Hull went on a good run and have been in freefall since they lost it, hardly an advocation.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Karma; this is what you get when you play a thug like Hunt in your team.

I actually had a glass of whyskey when you got relegated cause that **** finally got what was comming to him. Because of Chelsea's unpopularity and Mourinho's ill-judged remarks about the amulance response time, the media and other fans gave Hunt a free ride over the whole thing. Despite his prior and post incident form. There is no doubt he meant contact.
Eh fe cough, it was one mistake. he should have stopped, he didn't. Cech could have got out the way but he didn't.

Your manager moaned about the response time of Royal Berkshire Hospital but your doctor didn't call for the ambulance till almost 10 mins after he was brought back to the dressing room, and the ambulance was prompt and Cech was at the hospital shortly after.

Like to see this prior and post form he is suppose to have? Just cause Cech's been poor this season, you cant blame that on SHunt

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was on the radio earlier that Pedersen had used the red Stoke City towel to dry the ball before taking a throw-in like Delap does.

The home crowd booed him and a member of the Stoke coaching staff came off the bench to take the towel away.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Agreed.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
It was on the radio earlier that Pedersen had used the red Stoke City towel to dry the ball before taking a throw-in like Delap does.

The home crowd booed him and a member of the Stoke coaching staff came off the bench to take the towel away.
:dielaugh: I've heard of 'throwing the towel in' but this is the first time I've heard of 'pulling the towel out'.:D

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Bolton under Allardyce had Anelka, Diouf, Okocha, Vaz Te etc all good flair players. Stoke are an atrocious football team in every sense. The only "footballer" they have in their side is Matthew Etherington. The rest are a bunch of 6'5' thugs.

Delap, to his credit, was a decent player back in them days. I have nothing against him as such, but Stoke as a club and Tony Pulis are an enemy to football.
:D Brilliant!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts