Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight Beguiristain, Rijkaard, Rosell, Laporta and possibly a financial director will meet and talk about a final list of possible signings. Here is a nice graphical chart of the players that are being talked about:



Personally, out of the 'delanteras', I prefer Carew, Charisteas or Klose. Carew because of his height and knowledge of the Spanish language, Charisteas for his great performance in the Euro 2004, he is also not a regular at Werder Bremen, he often gets subbed. And Klose because he impressed me in this Champions League for Werder.

Out of the 'medio campos' I prefer Kompany, Tacchinardi and Zagorakis. Kompany because of his height and age, Tacchinardi because of his experience and height, and Zagorakis because he could play in the Champions League for us and his incredible performance in Euro 2004.

Anyway, tomorrow we will know the final lists of players, there will be a list of 5 players for both positions and they will try to get the top player first and if that doesn't work, then they go to the next.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
fc barcelona said:
i'd go with tacchinardi and tomasson,both are experienced players!!
Guess they are the best choices in this crowd, Tomason maybe better as second wave attacker than pure striker, but it's only 6 months.
Don't need Saviola and don't want Edgar Steroids (cheater - booohhh )
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barca_Nordic said:
Guess they are the best choices in this crowd, Tomason maybe better as second wave attacker than pure striker, but it's only 6 months.
Don't need Saviola and don't want Edgar Steroids (cheater - booohhh )
I hate Tomasson, maybe because I've seen him play many times when he was at Feyenoord, he sucked IMO.

And what we need is a pure striker, we don't play with second strikers. I'd rather have Charisteas instead of Tomasson. 1.91m he is!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I hate Tomasson, maybe because I've seen him play many times when he was at Feyenoord, he sucked IMO.

And what we need is a pure striker, we don't play with second strikers. I'd rather have Charisteas instead of Tomasson. 1.91m he is!
so for u a tall striker is better than the others!! :rolleyes:
carew,charisteas,klose & co are not good enough to play for barca!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
fc barcelona said:
so for u a tall striker is better than the others!! :rolleyes:
carew,charisteas,klose & co are not good enough to play for barca!!
No doubt he's good but one problem is that he won't play CL final for us.
Will any of the above be able to play CL ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,090 Posts
sorry! but Klose has more than proved that he is a good striker
but i am not sure if anyone on the list except Tomasson :ass: would handle the pressure at FCB, and i dont like him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
At the back I would like to see Kompany as well as Davids/Van Bommel. As for a striker Klose would be ok but he has just moved clubs, Carew and Anelka are trouble makers and Tommasson is just bad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,532 Posts
Some pretty dodgy, 2nd rate, over the hill, "Delanteras" on that list!!!
If I had to make a choice from that lot, then I'd choose Mauro Esposito.
Esposito could come straight in and play CL for us this season, but Cagliari would be wanting a lot of money for him, I guess.
There's a better choice to be had amongst the "medio campos" with a lot of good players on that list, and I'd be happy with any of them!
My first choice would probably be Edu, although obviously Kompany is a good one for the future.
The only one I DON'T want is Davids. Strikers, don't want Carew or Tomasson.
My guess is we will get either Tacchinardi or Dacourt, and that will be about it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Well beggars can't be choosers..... even if we choose the "best", it will be hard to get one so cheap, free, or loan. Loan would be the best because none of these players are better than our injured ones, except possible Mascherano or Davids.

Despite his height, I'm still in favor of recalling Saviola. It would be the cheapest and best option imo. As for DM, any loan would do. I'm in favor of signing a potentially world class centreback to partner Puyol, because I like Marquez in DM. I really like Milito but he is very unlikely, so maybe Kompany.
 

·
In Pep, We Trust!
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
I would like Tomasson to join he is experienced and we need that or i would choose LJUBOJA if we are going to sign two DMs as FR said then i would choose someone like Kompany or Mascherano since they are young and they want to win tropheys, the other guy must be someone with a great deal of experience since that place on the pitch is really decisive and needs alot of experience for someone to deal with it, so i would choose tacchinardi who has a combination of experience height and played in the most defensive league in the world (played for Juventus) which would provide a great deal of balance for barcelona i believe!

P.S: Is Tomasson cup tied or not? i haven't seen him play for milan yet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
I would like Tomasson to join he is experienced and we need that or i would choose lujobo (sorry of the spelling)! if we are going to sign two DMs as FR said then i would choose someone like Kompany or Mascherano since they are young and they want to win tropheys, the other guy must be someone with a great deal of experience since that place on the pitch is really decisive and needs alot of experience for someone to deal with it, so i would choose tacchinardi who has a combination of experience height and played in the most defensive league in the world (played for Juventus) which would provide a great deal of balance for barcelona i believe!

P.S: Is Tomasson cup tied or not? i haven't seen him play for milan yet!
Tomasson is injured until january and I fail to see why Milan would loan out their only substitute striker to be honest...

I think that there are quite some interesting names on the DM position, however some of them aren't really DMs (Van Bommel, Edu etc). It would be great if we could sign someone like Mascherano or Kompany, but I really doubt it would happen. Signing Van Bommel or Edu for the CM (both are on the cheap as they are bosman in 6 months) as well as a loan for Tacchinardi as the DM would be good.

For the strikers, I really don't know...Perhaps a loan move for Saha or Cruz (if he has an EU passport) is the most likely to happen...
 

·
In Pep, We Trust!
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
Fargo said:
Tomasson is injured until january and I fail to see why Milan would loan out their only substitute striker to be honest...

I think that there are quite some interesting names on the DM position, however some of them aren't really DMs (Van Bommel, Edu etc). It would be great if we could sign someone like Mascherano or Kompany, but I really doubt it would happen. Signing Van Bommel or Edu for the CM (both are on the cheap as they are bosman in 6 months) as well as a loan for Tacchinardi as the DM would be good.

For the strikers, I really don't know...Perhaps a loan move for Saha is the most likely...
i can not see the similarties between saha and larsson! barca are looking for someone with the characterisitcs of larsson, Tomasson would be a great deal! but since he is injured we might not be able to get for a loan deal then! i wouldn't like someone like Van Bommel or Edu to be in DM but i believe that FR likes Edu and admires him alot so i believe that he might be a possibility!
 

·
In Pep, We Trust!
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=37985&progr=6

Saviola: Barça Do Not Want Me Back Now

Javier Saviola has revealed that Barcelona have never asked him to return to the club during the January transfer window to replace the injured Henrik Larsson.
But the Argentinian forward, who is currently on loan at Ligue 1 side Monaco, is wanted back at Camp Nou at the end of the season.

"They have not asked me if I would return in January," he explained. "If they did ask me I would have to think about it, but they have not.

"That is why the most important thing for me at the moment is Monaco."

Saviola then reflected on the rumours that he spoke to Barça president Joan Laporta after a recent Champions League game in Monte Carlo.
"The visit of the president had been planned for a long time," he continued. "Long before Barcelona began to pick up so many injuries.

"Nobody asked me about going back early, but they did ask me to go back in July."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
i can not see the similarties between saha and larsson! barca are looking for someone with the characterisitcs of larsson, Tomasson would be a great deal! but since he is injured we might not be able to get for a loan deal then! i wouldn't like someone like Van Bommel or Edu to be in DM but i believe that FR likes Edu and admires him alot so i believe that he might be a possibility!
The other options there doesn't look really that plausible...We are looking for loan deals after all aren't we? Klose, Anelka, Esposito etc will have to be bought for quite alot of money. Carew won't be loaned, and can't be sold. Charisteas is perhaps an option, but I guess we would have to buy him as well (or is he unhappy?), he could come cheap though I guess.

Van Bommel and Edu aren't DMs...I specifically referred to them as CMs...
 

·
In Pep, We Trust!
Joined
·
6,149 Posts
I know that VB and Edu are not DMs, FR might get Edu because if anything happens to Deco or Xavi FR would have a sub for at least one of them. So i guess he would prefer to choose Edu at the moment!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,038 Posts
FC Barcelona9 said:
I know that VB and Edu are not DMs, FR might get Edu because if anything happens to Deco or Xavi FR would have a sub for at least one of them. So i guess he would prefer to choose Edu at the moment!
Yes, I know this. Didn't get why you referred to them as DMs though.
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
1,944 Posts
I wouldn't mind having Saha at Barca actually. He's got some pace, and rather good technique. He can play as either the main striker (Fulham) or as a more of a supporting forward (ManU). He could backup both Giuly and Etoo.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top