Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some just score. Some score with style. But only one scores true beauties. :thmbup: :eek:

What is your vote for Pinturicchio's most beautiful goal ever until now ?

Many would choose the Fiorentina famous rare strike, but for me it's the backheel against Torino in the last Scudetto Juve has won. :shades: That's just divine. I think no prettier or more sophisiticated goal has ever been scored in the history of the game. And since Del Piero brought the art of audacious back heels to its own unique pedigree, I must say - this is his best goal.

What do you think ?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I liked the back heel vs Dortmind,But the winner in that famous comeback against Fiorentina at the delle Alpi some years back really stands out for me.

·
MVP
8,991 Posts
His 1st CL goal vs. Dortmund in 1995, at the Westfalenstadion.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Fiorentina one was sweet! he scored another, cant remember against who but he received it on the edge of the penalty corner and he turned and curled it in. that was impressive.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Real Madrid 2003 ;)

Ok so that's more for sentimental reasons but the very best was the Fiorentina goal in 1995. :star:

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
The winning goal against Perugia, it was after his father had passed away.

A great goal at a very emotional moment in time for him.

It was stylish and elegant, vintage Pinturricchio.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Only enjoyed the ones he scored for the national team. i liked the one vs Sweden at Euro 2000, when he takes on the whole defence and then scores with a great shot. too bad the game didn't matter, he's never played well when it did, like against France a week or so later.

the goal against Hungary (i think) in the world cup qualifiers in 2001 was good too. not really a great goal, but he was taking a lot of crap from the Italian fans in the stadium (played in Parma, i think), and this really shut them up.

having said that, i don't want to see this man play for Italy again, i know about the injuries and respect the fact that he has stayed in the game at a decent level for so long, but he has never delivered for his country and his best years are behind him.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Nero said:
The winning goal against Perugia, it was after his father had passed away.

A great goal at a very emotional moment in time for him.

It was stylish and elegant, vintage Pinturricchio.
I think you mean against Bari. ;)

·
Registered
17,741 Posts
Yup that one.

Don't know what's with me mistaking Perugia for assorted other Serie A teams. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
The goal he had scored against Inter some seasons back with Ronaldo still in inter. That kind of goal is very hard to score if you ask me. Even Zidane may not do it.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Gba: that goal against Torino, was it the backheel when he was in the air? That was fantastic indeed.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
CUG said:
Fiorentina one was sweet! he scored another, cant remember against who but he received it on the edge of the penalty corner and he turned and curled it in. that was impressive.
I think it was against Rangers in around 95 not to sure though ;) ,He also scored a nice goal against us in the 95/96 season at the San Siro.

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kcII said:
Gba: that goal against Torino, was it the backheel when he was in the air? That was fantastic indeed.
That's the one... :shades: The Michael Jordan of goals...

·
Registered
92 Posts
For me I think the second goal with the Azurri against swizerland from a free kick it was directly to the goalkeeper's angle.

the second one against Paris S G in the CL 96.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Steph! said:
Steaua Bucarest 95/96
I considered that one. Still think Fiorentina is even more classic and unpredictable (in so far as he was in front of goal with the ball but few would expect *that* very finish).

ID_peace said:
The goal he had scored against Inter some seasons back with Ronaldo still in inter. That kind of goal is very hard to score if you ask me. Even Zidane may not do it.
I loved this one! Do you remember the look on Fresi's face? Bamboozled :D

·
Administrator
53,305 Posts
Am I the only one having tough time choosing?I was goin through and watching some of the goals.Hard time choosing.But the Steaua Bucarest one,Rangers,Fiorentina and the early one against Dortmund are my favourites.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts