Discussion Starter #1
Don't ever write him off!!! :cool:

He shut some of those poofter critics up tonight :D

I believed in him, and he provided :)

Forza Alex :cool:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I'm very happy for him:proud:, and for Italy...

FORZA :star:ALEX:star:!!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
:proud:

Hopefully, this goal will provide him the extra self-confidence boost that marks the end of the feeling that terrorized him during important matchs in the past! Free your mind Alex and set Group D's winner's nets ablaze !!!

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Funny I don't see Il Toro anywhere... :D

The last time I saw him he was anti-(Del Piero in the squad). I wonder if he's anti-(saving a point vs Mexico).... ;)

Or maybe he's conferring with Il Trap.... :howler:

P

·
0 Posts
Dont worry numerodix there are several people in here who wont have the courage to look at their previous posts about Alex. Everyone should be happy, its a great day for Italia, and a great day for the great man, Del Piero! Totti the key to Italy's chances? Maybe someone should let Alex know that!!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Congratulations to DelPiero. I trashed his performance in game one, and I do think that he was lackadasical in THAT GAME.

In this game he played with urgency and flair. It was nice to see and he deserves to be congratulated.

But lost in all the DelPiero hoopla is the fact that Montella actually made a far more impressive assist on that play than the actual header.

The ball was thrown in from the sidelines and Montella flicked it in one motion over his shoulder and perfectly into the box for either Del Piero or Vierri to finish. Lets not forget the assist, which is often the more impressive part of the goal.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
King Italy said:
He shut some of those poofter critics up tonight :D
I hope you don't mean me as a poofta! :D

Don't worry Numerodix, I am here and very very happy for Del Piero. Like I have said many times, if Del Piero gives me reason to praise him I will and last night he played well in the little minutes he got. His passing was spot on this time and he scored a nice goal.
Last nights game may have earned Del Piero a starting spot and I hope he will be able to continue with what he did in last nights match and bring us some joy.
Like I said in the match thread, we are all dreaming now that this will end up like '82 and maybe Del Piero will be our next 'Rossi'. :D

Grandissimo Alex!! Make me proud!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I pointed out already after the first game that Del Piero would contribute far more to the team then people gave him credit for. And I knew he would come through if given the chance.

baresi is 100% right about Montellas great assist though. That is why I still believe that Montella should start over Del Piero in the next game. And Inzaghi should be considered an option instead of Vieri, and not be played beside Vieri.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts