Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the official thread for him, u can bash, criticize and hopefully HYPE him up :D

:D

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he sux with italia but preformes good with juve, he is top scorer in the serie + cl for juve now, and only 8 goals seperate him from boniperti in the top spot :proud:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Alex_Bianconero said:
he sux with italia but preformes good with juve, he is top scorer in the serie + cl for juve now, and only 8 goals seperate him from boniperti in the top spot :proud:
you can keep him :thmbup:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Still one of my favourites, but never the same again after his terrible knee injury in 1998. :( And for Italy he was sometimes important, but overall a tragic chapter.... I will never understand why he doesn´t retire from NT.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and italia can keep losing tropihes all the time and spit more on danish players :D

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Alex_Bianconero said:
and italia can keep losing tropihes all the time and spit more on danish players :D
if you won trophies for drinking Uliveto and talking to parrots then i'd reinstate Del Piero faster than a Dane running from the threat posed by er Pupone's mouth any day of the week :D

·
Registered
472 Posts
khimik said:
A shadow of his former self.
You got it.
Before his terrible injury Del Piero was the Proud of Italy, Totti couldn't match him but then everything changed and now players like Cassano, Totti, Montella, Pirlo, Nesta or Buffon are more important for Italy I'd say

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u got Inzaghi and Tomasson man :D

though gr8 players dive like Figo, Rvn, Pires and Totti...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
il_capitano said:
You got it.
Before his terrible injury Del Piero was the Proud of Italy, Totti couldn't match him
In fairness before Del Piero's terrible injury Totti was only 21. Having said that though Del Piero was something special in those days. :eek: :thmbup:

·
Registered
555 Posts
il_capitano said:
You got it.
Before his terrible injury Del Piero was the Proud of Italy, Totti couldn't match him but then everything changed and now players like Cassano, Totti, Montella, Pirlo, Nesta or Buffon are more important for Italy I'd say
i agree :thumbsup:

i wouldn't go as far as saying he was a tragic story as that sounds a little to negative for me.

one of the best italian players around before his plagued injuries...

true totti might just edge him now, but was definitely no match for the pre injury del piero :)

probaly just ranks under fatnaldo :angel: as a player who never gained thier true form after injury...

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Alex is one of my favorites :proud: Such skill he had and those magic feet.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
What I am more and more thinking about: Wouldn´t a move to another club eventually help him? A new challenge, new motivation probably? Okay, he is at Juve for 12 years now and also I can not imagine he can go, but maybe it would not be so bad for Alex...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yeah maybe a move would be good for his career,but Juve just isn't the same without Alex..he's the club's icon..
I would like to see him as our coach someday.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i don't really think a move is a great idea... he loves the club and they love him... he should stay, cuz hometown boy always play harder for thier clubs

·
Registered
522 Posts
i don't think any other of the clubs are willing to pay DP's salary... either del piero takes a huge paycut (unlikely), or end his career at Juventus (likely)...

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Nah, I think a cut of money would be no problem. He has earned enough the past years, it doesn´t play a role if he would earn less money. I believe he loves the club so much that he is not willing to play somewhere else. If others replace him at Juve I fear he will retire before moving to a club abroad (or can someone imagine at another club in Italy? I can´t.).
One thing I also agree with: Juve without Alex is not the same.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts