Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go then...

we all know DP recently signed a new contract but let's just ignore that fact.

IMO he never became the real DP again before the injury...He know has flashes if not less like against Samp,Chievo,Empoli and I think he's a bit burned out.I think he showed Juve everything now and it's perhaps time to move on.
It will hurt for almost everyone to see a character like him leave but think about what we can get instead.Young talents (Torres?Mexes?Ferrari?Gilardino?) for the money he brought in.
Look for example at Man U and Beckham,it's right the same.He was also the symbol of Man U and now they signed talents with the money they received from Real and they're even performing better!
Now if Juve would ever consider to sell him then they will have to perform fast,he's almost 29-30 so ...

I'll repeat,I would like to see him leave...No hard feelings but I think he has had his part at Juve...OR he has to re-start show some miracles....(No not like the hattrick,there was a penalty (if not 2?I forgot ;) ) and 1 tap in...)

Greets :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I tell you man....

With this huge salary...nobody wants DP, he´s only usefully in Turin, because he´s our star...think in Baggio now in Brescia, or in Keane in Manchester (Beckham wasn´t the star, Keane is the heart of this team)...it´s right he´s too slow now..and everytime Miccoli is on the field, you could see the change...but, at this time, Del Piero is our captain......

He´s not old....and he has the magic touch that few in the world has...maybe we could use less Del Piero, but never sell him...

I prefer to sell Nedved, believe me, for Pavel we could receive 30-40 millions, for DP no more than 15-20 millions....

In fact, i like the team like right now...only buy Ferrari and a good midfield and we are ready!!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Of course the tema is perfect but it would be even more perfect without DP and a bunch of new talents.
I tell you,you would be suprised Buff!

AS_Roma83: You're right,if we do win something he won't be sold but what if we don't win something and DP keeps playing like this?

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
still not this summer.....i cant see it....but maybe Chelsea will come calling with A LOT of money...i just dont see him leaving this summer..didnt he sign an extension early this season ?...i could be making that up though

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Gianluca said:
Of course the tema is perfect but it would be even more perfect without DP and a bunch of new talents.
I tell you,you would be suprised Buff!

AS_Roma83: You're right,if we do win something he won't be sold but what if we don't win something and DP keeps playing like this?
Well...talents? Miccoli,Maresca,Legro,Zambro,Buffon,Appiah, all of them are young and talents...and, Moggi always buy good young talent: remember Trez,Zizou,Davids,etc,etc,etc.....probably we will sign Ferrari next summer and a couple of good talents guys..but, without selling DelPiero....it´s more probable to sell DiVaio....and, we already sell 4 players for nothing!!!!

So, expect good talent in the summer (Torres,Cavenaghi, Ferrari)...but, keep the captain!!!

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
buff said:
Well...talents? Miccoli,Maresca,Legro,Zambro,Buffon,Appiah, all of them are young and talents...and, Moggi always buy good young talent: remember Trez,Zizou,Davids,etc,etc,etc.....probably we will sign Ferrari next summer and a couple of good talents guys..but, without selling DelPiero....it´s more probable to sell DiVaio....and, we already sell 4 players for nothing!!!!

So, expect good talent in the summer (Torres,Cavenaghi, Ferrari)...but, keep the captain!!!
Ok I get it...But what I'm talking about just like Miccoli now,if we sign a young talent there will be no free place because DP gets the priority because Lippi can't bench him while we all know Miccoli is way better for the moment...If not longer already!But you don't want to see DP leave and I respect your opinion.:)

Someone else?:)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Hahaha! Like this question was seriously being discussed up above as we speak. There's business in suspense to address first, then specific petitions are sometimes given a look... Does DP suck right now? Obviously. Does he hinder Miccoli's rise to proeminence? That too...

Nevertheless... Will it disappoint you that I can safely say that the odds of DP ever leaving are as thin as you being hit by thunderbolt? As for next summer of all date, that's simply a no-go. Get over it.

Ciao.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
If we were talking hypothetically, and one could trust Moggi to do the right thing (which... increasingly... one might not, unfortunately) I'd not make alot of fuss about selling DP for a substantial fee. It would hurt - surely - but we'd manage well with Miccoli too and could improve the team in other sectors.

Having said that- it's all hypothetical. I will simply refer to Steph's account above.

NB: Brave topic Gianluca :). Not a custumary title from a Juve mod to say the least, but not without it's merits.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
you won't be able to sell him,he command too high wages,maybe you can loan him out for 20% of his wage,that way everyone's happy,Barcelona would probably snap up the chance to loan him.

this way,you'd get a disgruntled player off your hands and you might get some of your team harmony back,let's face it Del Piero has behaved like an utter cock for a long time now,he thinks he runs the club and can have sickies whenever,if only Lippi didn't pander to his every whim it would be ok,i think Lippi should be sacked as well,that would send out a message from Juve that they won't stand for this crap you are getting.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Jern
this way,you'd get a disgruntled player off your hands and you might get some of your team harmony back,let's face it Del Piero has behaved like an utter cock for a long time now,he thinks he runs the club and can have sickies whenever,if only Lippi didn't pander to his every whim it would be ok,i think Lippi should be sacked as well,that would send out a message from Juve that they won't stand for this crap you are getting.
hmm, interesting thoughts Jern, you must be joking right?

i'd rather not sell del piero, even though i think a club like chelsea would offer huge bucks for him. he still has a few more good seasons left as he is only 28 years of age. Along with Miccoli, they must be our support strikers.

If a forward was to be sold, let that be Di Vaio. He hasnt been the player we all thought he would be and i believe he'll only be great if he is started each week. Trezeguet at the moment is way better and he scores more than di vaio so i would use di vaio as bait or just get cash. sell di vaio and bring in a player such as gilardino or even cavenaghi who would be great.

in addition, Nedved is a great player for us, but he'll be nearing 33 years of age, if chelsea were to offer 30 plus million pounds, Moggi should really consider it. with that cash, their are a few world class young players out there who could take over his role. Aimar is free still as inter went for stankovic, then there is Riquelme, Deco...so there are others.

i wish we got cash for davids and if we sell others and replace them, i think there is enough cash in to fix our team.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glen said:
NB: Brave topic Gianluca :). Not a custumary title from a Juve mod to say the least, but not without it's merits.
Thank you Glen:)

I knew even before I started the thread I would get much comment.I can't say I don't understand you,of course I do.DP is like a symbol of Juve...
But imagine,what if suddenly a big club would offer for DP and Moggi wouldn't know what to do,what would you think then?I like I said before would sell him,really...DP is (was?) a great player and has always been a symbol of how a player should behave when not being on the field,he never critisises people or get's involved in stupid things and is the rightful captain of our all beloved team but would you be able to imagine Juve without DP?Probably not but I can,someday he will quit playing football anyway and if we keep benching players like Miccoli,Olivera (this guy has talent) they will never be able to show the talent they got...We we're playing better without DP this season and suddenly DV started playing good,or look at last season when he got injured too and suddenly Neddie became the star...

It's like DP has to do nothing for a starting place because he's guaranteed (spe?) to start while all the others keep working hard but don't always get what they really deserve...I don't think this will ever change because Moggi and Lippi are too proud to bench him and be honest,it wouldn't be a view to see DP sitting on the bench a few times in a row:)

So now we'll hopefully buy talents in the summer while perhaps DV has to leave while he has potential but can't show it and the same will happen with the other new arrivals...It's like Schumacher at Ferrari,Barrichello will always be second and be his helper,or someone else, while he actually can show a lot more but he just can't!It's just the same.

I think we all are a bit too proud to see DP leave,he was completely our discovery and it would be a shame to see him leave but you all would be suprised from the doors that open for us if he would actually leave.

Think about it...Me have spoken:)

Greets:)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Buy talents in the summer? Do we really need to, unless it's a long term replacement for Nedved in midfield who would actually get the chance to play..? I wouldn't sell il capitano.. as I've stressed in the past, it's possible to integrate BOTH him and Miccoli on the same starting squad. If and when DP finally proves, he has nothing left in him, then and only then do we even raise the issue of a possible move. He isn't finished yet, it's a lull and we know it.. rather not jump to conclusions..

I think Steph nailed it, it's hypothetical and exists or the sake of argument. WHy not dissolve that argument by bringing forward a proposal to integrate both players into the squad?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen, This is my first post on this incredible forum, and i hope it won't be the last, what we are discussing here is nonsense, no offence, but you can't relate Dp bad form to the whole team awfull form. We are great in our offensive line and have been by far very impressive in attacking, so that is not our main problem and primary concern now, all we need is a couple of young talented Center backs and a defensive midfielder instead of davids to fill in the gap he left behind. Our Defensive line is what making us look awfull, and it's eating our good performance as well. I can't believe a world class Club like Juventus the average age of his defenders is 30 or above. IMO Moggi shouldn't have wait till now, to start making his mind about our dieing aging defense. Plus Appiah lost his magnificent touch of the beginning of the season and Tacchinardi ain't performing like last year, btw we did have the same problem last year, but a brave heroic displays by ferrrara lead us to reaching what we reached and of course Ferrara Can't keep doing miracles on his own everytime with his current age. there is alot that should be fixed in this team and the last thing we should think about is our offensive line. Dp has been great at the beginning of the season and only his injury break his run of great form. and as we all know he needs sometime to regain himself again, plus we should not forget that he brings to the club of the field as much as on the field, he is a great source of cash in for the club through merchandise and advertising and all other stuff, so for fvck's sake don't mention his wages, it's just a part of what he brings in. He is a player of great character that can't be compensated easily, He is our captain and he is doing a great job, so just give credit where it's due.Sometimes he chokes, but he is great all around and definetly one of Juvetus legends. Forza il Captino!!:star:

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Well he needs to leave the team...its time for him to leave...theres no 2 way about it. Its time for some fresh blood and also something exciting. Torres is the man i m speaking about that is gonna upstage D. Piero. So its better he leaves early rather than being humiliate in the bench watching Torres plays. But Lippi is a retard who put players not according thier performance...so i wont say 2 much now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Narentino said:
Well he needs to leave the team...its time for him to leave...theres no 2 way about it. Its time for some fresh blood and also something exciting. Torres is the man i m speaking about that is gonna upstage D. Piero. So its better he leaves early rather than being humiliate in the bench watching Torres plays. But Lippi is a retard who put players not according thier performance...so i wont say 2 much now.
What is making you so sure that Torres is coming over and that he will be able to develop into a star!!!??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts