Xtratime Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEL PIERO MY MAN! :cool:

when everything seemed impossible.. when most people thought italy would follow france and argentina's WC check-out .. when the match was at its last minutes, and mexico leading a seemingly weak italy 1-0 .. ALEX came and saved the day :)

i was yelling at trap since first half, SUBSTITUTE TOTTI WITH DEL PEIRO!!! and he did it a bit late! but that was enough for OUR Alex :strong:

we are through now, and don't worry about performance.. following rounds would be different story :)

but honestly, buffon needed to be changed!! today wasn't his day.. i believed toldo would better start the game!

anyway, we are through!!! FORZA ITALIA :cool:

·
Registered
461 Posts
i am glad for alex...even though my croatia lost today and are now out, we didn't deserve to go on the way we had been playing...i just hope that now he will ge ta fair chance t oplay and start...all the best to italy

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
If im not mistaken, Italy would have still advanced if they lost, since Croatia lost 1-0 to Ecuador.

I am happy though Montella set-up Alex for the goal.....stop benching these platyers Trap for useless Pippo! :fero:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Italy's downfall has been keeping players with the skills of montella and del piero on the bench. it is widely known that trappatoni's favourite is pippo, but he has no strength. he never faces a challenge, as soon as someone is within reasonable distance for him to fall and claim a foul - he does! That may be useful in a league game, but it annoys the hell out of me. this is the grand stage, this is where the best come out to play, this is where a player exhibits his best, with del piero it just happens!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
well done to Alex, what a champion. What made iteven better was that he came on for snotti totti. He deserves to start, **** inzaghi. Trap dosen't start him becauses he dosen't won't his to best creative players on at the same time, although i disagree with him, where is the logic of starting inzaghi instead of montella. pippo misses tap in chances every week in club football. I can't figure.

It should be

Buffon
canna nesta maldini
zambo tomassi gattuso coco
totti
del piero vieri

also where did trap get the idea that panucci is a left mid. I have seen him play right back, centre back and occasionally left back, but he can't cross, get coco in. he can defend on the left and push forward aswell.

Bravo Del Piero:D :D :D

·
Registered
17,029 Posts
its good to see del piero succeed not only for juve this season, but now for italy as well. he has been through a lot these past two years, with his dad being sick and dying, bad form etc...it all contributed with each other.

but now he is back, and he totally deserves to be starting.

His goal wasnt great, but its what he needed and what italy needed most of all. Plus Montella passed it which gives him confidence and so on.

Well Done DP, you are a champion!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Don't bash other players in the Azzurri......please!
Inzaghi played pretty well in the game against Mexico, he had a legitimate goal disallowed and he created some nice touches & moves-----> one of them was that delicate dribbling and passing that was wasted by Totti!
I want Montella and Del Piero to start but whoever plays will get my support!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Now that jack-ass Trappatoni is going with the 4-4-2 again for the Round of 16... with Totti and Vieri up front. What an idiot. Totti IS NOT a striker!!! Why doesn't he just call the formation 4-4-1-1? That's what it ends up being anyway! I can't stand that he just flat out REFUSES to give Del Piero a starting position after the kind of season he had. Makes me fvcking sick.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well,

This debate has been going on forever... I hope that Romulus isn't around...

Nobody knows anything, the talk is just full of speculation. While I would support DP no matter what, I don't think it's fair that people guess about stuff like this.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Just because you're a so called gay icon, doesn't mean you're gay. David Beckham apparently has a huge gay following and as far as I know isn't gay. I couldn't give a sh*t what Alex got up to in his private life anyway.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Is Ale gay????:eek:
Didn't know that...:eek::stress::groan: :dontcare: :dazed:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.